Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  
A Long, Long Time Ago......
Posted By: Rupert, 12-31-2015, 09:03 AM

....I can still remember!

50 years ago tonight was my first date with Mrs Rupert. It was a chance encounter that day....the heel on her shoe broke and she was late to work...I worked in a shoe dept.....she was lovely. I was good with words......."New Years eve....Big party tonight?" She said no, her "kinda boyfriend" had left town for the Holidays, so she was going to bed early.

Old Rupert......"Any guy that would leave a beautiful girl like you alone on New Years Eve is not worthy of you! Let's go out to eat!"
The rest is 50 years of history.......wonderful history....two fine sons and four great grandsons and more memories than could ever all be remembered.

She was a tiny little thing, full of life...and fire! How did I know she was a Baptist Seminary student when I tried to make a "Rupert move"? Got slapped, a long lecture, and a "take me home now!" Old Rupert...he knew how to make it right, and did. I think she wanted me right then and there....but under her terms...you know, rings and stuff!

Hey girl...I'm gonna marry you...she laughed and said...."You know, I think you are!"

I'd never seen here before, she was from Florida, a cheerleader and very popular......Me...I was a local well known Texas "bad boy".

50 years later she is still beautiful .....and only 4 pounds heavier......

Old Rupert is still just as ugly....but still has the "right words"....."Spend all you want....I'll cover it!"

...and I can still make her smile.......just like that first date.....a long, long time ago! That's important!

Happy Anniversary Mrs Rupert! It has been too wonderful for words.....even for old Rupert!

Name:  File0001.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  47.6 KB

That's my New Years Eve story........Best Regards to all my great friends here.....I love you guys...and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Views: 3,024
01-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great story, great photos, thanks for sharing both, and congratulations and many more years together!

01-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How do we know you're telling the truth unless you show the wedding photos!!
01-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #33
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Great story, great photos, thanks for sharing both, and congratulations and many more years together!
Thank you! Thank you! Every day is one I am thankful for.....few or many, I will cherish them all!

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
How do we know you're telling the truth unless you show the wedding photos!!
Sadly, we have not a one. It was a whirlwind romance and we were married by a preacher in his home...he was an employee of my Dad and offered his service for free...we were dirt poor and I gave him $50. so we lived on love for the next week! Her Mom made her wedding dress and mailed it to her from Florida. She still has it...and it still fits! Lovely dress too!

"Your such a smooth talker, can't believe that the then future Mrs Rupert, believed one word of that... not even for a second.

Anyway congratulations to you both, quite a milestone in a relationship, hope your pushing the boat out a bit more than "Lets go out to eat".

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/310785-people-long-lo...#ixzz3wCJiwYfq

Kerrodown, Thanks for your comment! & Happy New Year to you too my friend!

A quick snap of Mrs Rupert as she heads out for Church to teach her Deaf Class this morning.....wearing her new pearls.....with pearl earrings you can't see under her gorgeous hair.....Considering she is approaching 70 years of age, she is still stunning to me! She goes to the gym 3 times a week to stay in shape...and looks damn sexy naked...but I can't prove that here!

Proof once again, you don't have to be handsome to get a beautiful woman....just damn lucky and good with the right words at the right time!

Best Regards & Thanks again to all the well wishers here, you are all great guys/girls lingering on the best site on the internet!
01-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #34
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
and looks damn sexy naked
So she must come "Otis approved" then...

01-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
So she must come "Otis approved" then...
Kerrowdown, unfortunately, they are not big fans of each other. He has failed to control his plant eating Army of Squirrels and she would love to see me shoot more squirrels...with a shotgun.

I sorta keep the peace, but if anything "happens" to me there is going to be a lot of squirrel chowder around this place!

Regards!
01-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
and looks damn sexy naked...but I can't prove that here!
Does she still have the cheerleader outfit?? You could have some fun with that!!
My wife has her old colorguard uniform!! Still got the legs for it!!
01-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Does she still have the cheerleader outfit?? You could have some fun with that!!
My wife has her old colorguard uniform!! Still got the legs for it!!
No...and I never saw it. She came here for college and her cheer-leading was in Florida.....I never knew her at that time. I doubt she would have given me a second glance in her High School, I was a bad boy and she was just the opposite...but she had no idea of that when she met me in Texas.

Not trying to drag this post out....but I do answer my friends....always!

Best Regards!