Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Smarter Than You Think!
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Woods of Otis ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Rupert, 01-07-2016, 05:57 AM

I was at my desk when off in the far distance I saw an orange ball going up the side of a tree. What??? I kept my eyes on the area and in a minute I saw it coming down again.......It was a damn squirrel eating an orange that Mrs Rupert had thrown out the night before. Otis has been after them to get their vitamin C for the winter flu season.......and they always do as told by Otis!

I've seen them eat a little of everything, including the fender of my neighbors car, but never an orange!

Never underestimate a squirrel....
Squirrels going nuts - Squirrels: 1, Rest of the world: 0 - Pictures - CBS News

Regards!
Views: 976
01-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Rupert. I like this photograph very much. Well done.
01-07-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice to know they are concerned about their health. I suppose Mrs. R will not be putting out kale and quinoa.
01-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, I think Otis is getting too smart now. He surely ought to know that squirrels don't need vitamin C supplied through their diet. The only mammals not able to make their own vitamin C are higher primates (that would include most of us here), guinea pigs (you know who you are), and bats (any vampires in the room?).

Squirrels synthesize vitamin C from food much the same was as pigs make bacon from veggies.

01-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Rupert. I like this photograph very much. Well done.
Thanks...it was a quick grab shot, I barely got it.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nice to know they are concerned about their health. I suppose Mrs. R will not be putting out kale and quinoa.
Mrs Rupert would love to put all the squirrels around here on a lead diet.......

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ah, I think Otis is getting too smart now. He surely ought to know that squirrels don't need vitamin C supplied through their diet. The only mammals not able to make their own vitamin C are higher primates (that would include most of us here), guinea pigs (you know who you are), and bats (any vampires in the room?).

Squirrels synthesize vitamin C from food much the same was as pigs make bacon from veggies.
Not so here......Squirrels in the Woods of Otis need vitamin C due to their heavy drinking of the brew they distill which depletes their vitamin C rapidly.

Regards!