Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Macro, Schmacro.
Lens: Nikon 28~105mm D Lens Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Sherwood, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 01-08-2016, 12:21 AM

A nice photo of a lovely flower. Please enjoy and thanks for looking. Still seem to losing some sharpness on the upload.

Tony

Attached Images
 

Views: 760
01-08-2016, 04:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,506
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A nice photo of a lovely flower. Please enjoy and thanks for looking. Still seem to losing some sharpness on the upload.

Tony
A good shot, some of the sharpness could be lost in the shot due to the brightness, try easing the brightness back while increasing the contrast as that may help.
01-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Bruce Clark's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brookfield, Victoria
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,077
Yes nice flower, it can be frustrating to lose details you know are there.

In my experience, i have found images uploaded to the photo sharing page directly from my computer are often significantly impaired. Especially so with images in portrait orientation. I suspect the site algorithms to be unforgiving in certain circumstances. I find it far better to resize to 1000-1200 pixels on the long egde in software, sharpen for screen and upload the images to an album on the site. From there it is a simple matter to add the image to the post from the album. It seems to work far better for me.

Last edited by Bruce Clark; 01-08-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: typo
01-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Yes nice flower, it can be frustrating to lose details you know are there.

In my experience, i have found images uploaded to the photo sharing page directly from my computer are often significantly impaired. Especially so with images in portrait orientation. I suspect the site algorithms to be unforgiving in certain circumstances. I find it far better to resize to 1000-1200 pixels on the long egde in software, sharpen for screen and upload the images to an album on the site. From there it is a simple matter to add the image to the post from the album. It seems to work far better for me.
Hello and thank you very much for your suggestions. I certainly will give it a go.

Tony

---------- Post added 01-08-16 at 06:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A good shot, some of the sharpness could be lost in the shot due to the brightness, try easing the brightness back while increasing the contrast as that may help.
Thanks EM. I did as you suggested and the shot is far better looking now. I do not know if I can delete this now that there have been replies. Oh well, next time'. Interestingly enough, the green leaves retained their sharpness throughout, so the K100D Super has a problem with handling the colors of red, yellow and orange. Disappointing. Thanks again.

Tony


Last edited by Tonytee; 01-08-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: I made a boo boo
01-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,506
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Hello and thank you very much for your suggestions. I certainly will give it a go.

Tony

---------- Post added 01-08-16 at 06:13 PM ----------



Thanks EM. I did as you suggested and the shot is far better looking now. I do not if I can delete this now that there have been replies. Oh well, next time'. Interestingly enough, the green leaves retained their sharpness throughout, so the K100D Super has a problem with handling the colors of red, yellow and orange. Disappointing. Thanks again.

Tony
It may pay you to put up the new revised shot with the adjustments so others may learn from it. The before and after so to speak.
01-08-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
It may pay you to put up the new revised shot with the adjustments so others may learn from it. The before and after so to speak.
You mean just go ahead and add it without removing the first one? That makes sense. Thanks,

Tony
01-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
Adjusted Flower Photo.

Here is the second one after the changes have been made. I didn't want to go overboard with sharpness since it can cause the flower to look abrasive and also have noise to contend with. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.

Tony
Attached Images
 
01-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
It may pay you to put up the new revised shot with the adjustments so others may learn from it. The before and after so to speak.
I did make the adjustments, you can see the revised photo at the bottom of the page. Would appreciate more comments and suggestions, please. Thanks again.

Tony

01-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,506
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I did make the adjustments, you can see the revised photo at the bottom of the page. Would appreciate more comments and suggestions, please. Thanks again.

Tony
The revised photo was a vast improvement, one further thing you could look at is noise in the shot as it will blur the edges and you lose sharpness. Removing noise will enhance the colour and sharpness of the shot.
01-12-2016, 01:12 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The revised photo was a vast improvement, one further thing you could look at is noise in the shot as it will blur the edges and you lose sharpness. Removing noise will enhance the colour and sharpness of the shot.

Hhhhmmm! When I used the slide for sharpness, it automatically analyzes and adjusts for noise. Truthfully, I do not see it, but then again you have more experienced vision than I do. I will try to make the adjustment.

Thanks again,

Tony
01-12-2016, 01:19 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
Al's Garden, Third time is a charm.

Well, all I did was to click on the Noise Reduction button and I could see a change happen. I hope this does the trick.

Thanks again,

Tony

---------- Post added 01-12-16 at 01:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The revised photo was a vast improvement, one further thing you could look at is noise in the shot as it will blur the edges and you lose sharpness. Removing noise will enhance the colour and sharpness of the shot.
Okay, the new and improved version is up and ready. Thanks again for your assistance.

Tony
Attached Images
 
01-12-2016, 01:40 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,506
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well, all I did was to click on the Noise Reduction button and I could see a change happen. I hope this does the trick.

Thanks again,

Tony

---------- Post added 01-12-16 at 01:20 AM ----------



Okay, the new and improved version is up and ready. Thanks again for your assistance.

Tony
Much Better
01-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,668
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Much Better
Muchas Gracias and then some. )

Tony
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
album, brightness, camera, flower, images, macro, noise, photo, post, sharpness, shot, site, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted - Acquired: Tamron 90mm macro / Sigma 105 ex dg macro / Pentax 100mm macro pentakxian Sold Items 6 05-31-2013 09:58 AM
Zeiss Macro 50mm f/2 ZK Macro-Planar T* vs Pentax-A 50mm Macro kbrede Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 13 07-10-2012 11:07 AM
Macro benefits? dedicated Macro VS Telephoto/Macro choices Tricktech Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 07-01-2012 11:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top