Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
My Best Dove.....
Posted By: Rupert, 01-10-2016, 12:18 PM

...of the week! I have littered this place with dove shots in the past year, I have hundreds of them. They keep coming and I keep shooting....it's a sort of addiction.
This one was decent considering the settings and the range @500mm handheld. Sometimes I count well over a hundred on my cedar fence when I put out the feed. They are very tasty birds....but I'd never eat one. OTOH....Otis would eat every one if he could catch them!

Regards!

Views: 1,494
01-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks spot on to me, Rupert. Super job.

Jer

01-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Looks spot on to me, Rupert. Super job.
Thanks Jer.....truth is it was more luck than a super job. I count on luck a lot...a whole lot!

Regards!
01-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks Jer.....truth is it was more luck than a super job. I count on luck a lot...a whole lot!

Regards!
If that's the case, then you're a helluva lot luckier than me! I'm stickin' with Super Job.

Jer
01-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

...of the week! I have littered this place with dove shots in the past year, I have hundreds of them. They keep coming and I keep shooting....it's a sort of addiction.
This one was decent considering the settings and the range @500mm handheld. Sometimes I count well over a hundred on my cedar fence when I put out the feed. They are very tasty birds....but I'd never eat one. OTOH....Otis would eat every one if he could catch them!

Regards!

I don't know how you nail the focus in those shots. Amazing! I have a SMC Tak 30mm f/4, not that long compared to yours, but the keeper rate is low because of poor focusing.

01-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Lowell! Otis is not fond of birds and his Army spends a lot of time trying to rob their feeders and run them off. He considers them "parasites" and worthless. Squirrels have little appreciation of other species.....they are mostly gluttonous pigs....

Regards!
Rupert

you've seen my solution for doves, haven't you,

I think i posted it as the "Pigeon Proof Bird feeder" and have labelled the Cooper's Hawk sitting on top of my feeder as the "Backyard Bully" he works on doves too, as evidenced by the occasional red stain on the snow surrounded by feathers, or when it is snowing feathers in my yard. Otis would love him, because Copper's hawks only eat birds..
07-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Even better than photos dedicated to Rupert is photos by Rupert, especially the raccoon and squirrel photos.