Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

City of Waterfalls
Posted By: c13_, 07-02-2008, 12:23 PM

Was lucky enough to get out this past Saturday with the new K200D and shoot a couple of the almost 100 waterfalls in the City of Hamilton. I just want to say that this camera kicks (insert explitive here). The colour rendition, the metering and the ease of use are amazing, I can see that I'm gonna have alot of fun using this modern technilogical marvel. The only thing that would have made the day better was to have some nice blue skies instead of the blanket of grey.

C&C appreciated
Views: 3,128
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like them all, but the second and third from the first series are my favourites. In the first series the last one might benefit from cropping out the dead space.

The first picture in the second series is just superb, best of them all! Great composition and colours!

07-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments Georg, I hope to have a new crop of shots later this week for all of you to check out.
07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #33
Pentaxian

awesome, #3 is my favorite of the bunch...

07-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for taking a look Dan, glad you liked them

07-09-2008, 06:20 AM   #35
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup Me too, 3 is great and I like 4 and 5 as well. The second set with the Photog is interesting if only to offer some perspective. Large waterfall and I think well worth a return visit (in fall when the leaves are red?).

Well done.
07-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images from your new camera, you two will get along just fine. I had no idea that Hamilton had all these waterfalls, I will be in Burlington this fall and must check that out.

Thanks for posting them,
07-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Yup Me too, 3 is great and I like 4 and 5 as well. The second set with the Photog is interesting if only to offer some perspective. Large waterfall and I think well worth a return visit (in fall when the leaves are red?).

Well done.
Thanks Peter, I have been planning to return to all the places I've been to get images from each season, I think it will make a nice series.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice images from your new camera, you two will get along just fine. I had no idea that Hamilton had all these waterfalls, I will be in Burlington this fall and must check that out.

Thanks for posting them,
Thanks for the comments Heinrich. Don't worry about not knowing, there are many people in the Hamilton itself that have no idea this is out their back door. And when you get into Burlington feel free to contact me to get some nearby locations.