Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Couple of my buddy! =) portraits
Posted By: DuckysDoll, 07-03-2008, 03:10 PM

I was practicing with my new lens. Lighting was low as it is storming out, so it is not ultra sharp, but he posed and I am grateful! LOL

Color or coco?

This next one, I just played with cause the color was off (took it in the kitchen under florescence) but something about it makes my heart flutter! LOL! Might be the Mommy-goggles! =)

Views: 1,827
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For the top one, I could go either way. The second one, def color cuz his skin is so fair, I would pump up the blacks/shadows in the B&W to try and get some more definition. I love the last one, the pose and expression, just a little blown but artistically great.
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

you rock girl!! 8)

im colorblind. have fun.
07-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Are you kidding me Not sharp these are a vvgood example of you work as a photographer

cheers

07-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
Forum Member

Beautiful pictures. I like the first one in coco best and the second in color...
07-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
Igilligan

They are all very good shots... but I like the last one the best...
07-04-2008, 02:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

All are nice work - well done.

On the other hand, the first bothers me because my brain thinks it should be standing and, your signature logo makes it even worse. But, I think if you leave it as is and rotate 90 it would work.

I REALLY like the last one especially the pose and the clarity on the eyes but the softness (or is it the lighting) makes it too feminine FOR ME.

No offence meant.

07-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

very nice work. Exposure looks great. I like #1 the best. His eyes pop. NIce work
07-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Great shots all - he has such a wonderfull smile. Well done.
07-04-2008, 07:23 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
All are nice work - well done.

On the other hand, the first bothers me because my brain thinks it should be standing and, your signature logo makes it even worse. But, I think if you leave it as is and rotate 90 it would work.

I REALLY like the last one especially the pose and the clarity on the eyes but the softness (or is it the lighting) makes it too feminine FOR ME.

No offence meant.

I put a watermark on them so no one steals them. I have had it happen before. Please don't judge the image on the watermark. I have issues with other people claiming my long awaited miracles as their own!

Not meant to be rude, just a little comment!
07-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Great shots and I have a question about image stealing -- Exactly how does one find out someone has stolen their image? Does someone contact you saying "Hey I think this is your photo!"

I used to watermark my shots, but grew tired of it and thought nobody would actually want to use my images. Since then, I think I've taken a few good ones, and who knows, maybe they will be stolen and I can sue for lots of money
07-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cputeq Quote
Great shots and I have a question about image stealing -- Exactly how does one find out someone has stolen their image? Does someone contact you saying "Hey I think this is your photo!"

I used to watermark my shots, but grew tired of it and thought nobody would actually want to use my images. Since then, I think I've taken a few good ones, and who knows, maybe they will be stolen and I can sue for lots of money
I actually had one of my cyber friends find it on a message board she went on!
The person claimed they took the picture.
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Your portraiture is outstanding. I only wish I had your technique. The watermarks do not bother me and I completely understand your wish to protect your work. I don't bother with watermarks myself mind you, since no one would want to claim my images as their own.

All the best.
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DuckysDoll Quote
I put a watermark on them so no one steals them. I have had it happen before. Please don't judge the image on the watermark. I have issues with other people claiming my long awaited miracles as their own!

Not meant to be rude, ...
Be rude. Thieves SUCK! Call them out & dress them down!

I've had many of my images pirated over the years. I even saw one of my award winners claimed by somebody else in a college photography class.
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DuckysDoll Quote
I actually had one of my cyber friends find it on a message board she went on!
The person claimed they took the picture.
I've had the same thing happen. Some guy in Sydney was trying to start a way-kewl blogsite about Japan and since he had only visited for a short while was similarly short on content. He stole one of my photos and tried passing it off as his own and a net-acquaintance spotted it.

When I mailed him, he claimed he took the photo. I pointed out that making such a claim to the guy who actually took it is like when there's two people in an elevator and one of them farts. You can't really convince the other guy it wasn't you.

Then he claimed that he had copyright to the photo because he had cropped it, creating a brand-new work.

The only way I managed to get it pulled was to do a search on the domain registration, find out his name, google him, figure out where he worked, and offer to inform his employer. But what really turned the trick was that I have an Aussie friend in Japan who has some very accommodating friends in Sydney of a somewhat thuggish nature who volunteered to go lay a beating on the guy.