Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Yes, the AF540FGZ II is weather resistant
Lens: DA* 55mm f/1.4 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Ontario, California ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: mamba909, 02-08-2016, 09:26 PM

I bought the AF540FGZ II just because it is WR. California was fortunate enough to have a downpour last week. I attended an anime (Japanese animation) convention when the rain came pouring down. Unfortunately, there weren't too many people who wanted to brave the strong rainfall and winds, so I had to take what I could get. I was hoping the flash would freeze the raindrops, but I did not get the results that I desired.

Anyways, it's very reassuring to know that I have equipment that can take whatever nature throws at it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 1,034
02-09-2016, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I've been struggling to find practical uses and examples for the Weather Resistance on our new Pentax flashes, but you've given us something here ! You got the shot and its given it that sparkle, and thats what matters most.
02-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, mcgregni! I wish that I could've returned with a more impressive photo than this one, but I'm glad that you have found some redeeming value to this photo. I just wish that I could've had a more thorough testing of the unit and a dark background to make the rain stand out.