Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Take me out to the ball game.
Lens: Pentax 18~55mm DA AL Camera: PENTAX K100D SUPER Photo Location: House ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Tonytee, 02-18-2016, 01:18 AM

Since Spring training is getting close, I wanted to have some fun with my Pentax outfit. Since we here in Oregon are currently experiencing a Monsoon season, I seem to be scraping bottom to take photos of anything. )

Thanks for looking,

Tony
Views: 902
02-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mmmmmmmm A standout Hat
02-18-2016, 04:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wicked good hat!. "Bad weather makes good pictures" as Sam Abell says, get that WR kits lens out and take photos of the torrential rain, and people in it.
02-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We live on the wet side of Oregon as well and haven't got out much. It's been fun wandering around the property learning the ins and outs my first dslr but REALLY looking forward to heading to the coast or Cascades to see something different. Seems whenever we have the time the weather turns too nasty. Even for Pentax.

02-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
We live on the wet side of Oregon as well and haven't got out much. It's been fun wandering around the property learning the ins and outs my first dslr but REALLY looking forward to heading to the coast or Cascades to see something different. Seems whenever we have the time the weather turns too nasty. Even for Pentax.
Man, it is really coming down hard now. Has been during the night. Woke me up, even. For my next trick, I will upload a photo of my favorite baseball team in history. The New York Yankees' Cap.

Stay dry.

Tony
02-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, Tony - sorry you're in a monsoon, but a least you're using your camera. Back in the early '70s, we lived in Watertown, MA, a close-in suburb (if that's the right word) of Boston. Fenway was only about 15 minutes away (IIRC), and we spent plenty of warm summer nights enjoying the sea breeze and watching the Red Sox.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 02-18-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Old Age Setting In
02-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I will upload a photo of my favorite baseball team in history. The New York Yankees' Cap.
I really liked your Red Sox cap, don't spoil the mood

02-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Tony - sorry you're in a monsoon, but a least you're using your camera. Back in the early '70s, we lived in Watertown, MA, a close-in suburb (if that's the right word) of Boston. Fenway was only about 15 minutes away (IIRC), and we spent plenty of warm summer nights enjoying the sea breeze and watching the Red Sox.

Jer
Actually I was born and raised in the Lowell/Lawrence area. My father and I would go to Fenway Park when the Yankees were in town. I was ten years old and my father and I had great seats right behind home plate. Well, Joe Pepitone was the first Yankee at bat. I believe it was either Dick Radatz or Dave Momboquette pitching. First ball, fast ball, and Pepitone just tattooed that ball and knocked it right over The Green Monster Wall. These are memories that are everlasting, the games, the friendships. Jesus, I mean at ten years old, who didn't? Hey, great talking to you.

Rgds,

Tony
02-19-2016, 01:48 PM   #9
Site Supporter

I'll be proudly wearing my Red Sox hat in Clearwater Fl. coming this April. Plenty of Sox and Yank's are there.---charliezap
02-24-2016, 02:06 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Take me out to the ball game II

Yup, here it is. The cap and insignia of the greatest professional baseball team in history. There were so many colorful characters on this team when I was a kid. My favorite was, of course, Yogi Berra. When Berra finally started to make some serious money he went and bought a new watch for himself. His team mates new this, and one of them asked, "Hey Yogi, what time is it?". To which Berra replied, "You mean right now?". Best catcher to ever play the game. I was not aware until after his passing that he was involved in the D-Day invasion of France. I understand he was wounded several times. He is sorely missed. Thanks for looking.

Tony
02-24-2016, 11:32 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I really liked your Red Sox cap, don't spoil the mood
Scroll down a bit and see what else I uploaded.

Tony
02-25-2016, 12:48 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Funny, here in the middle of Santa Barbara on a sleepy street I happened to walk by a home with "RED SOX NATION" posted in large letters over the doorway. Seems the Nation is highly dispersed.
02-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Funny, here in the middle of Santa Barbara on a sleepy street I happened to walk by a home with "RED SOX NATION" posted in large letters over the doorway. Seems the Nation is highly dispersed.
Yes, that or these folks like to live dangerously. )

Laters,

Tony
02-25-2016, 03:59 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Scroll down a bit and see what else I uploaded
I did see it yesterday well done shot of all that is evil and wrong in baseball . My friend since High school is a Yankees fan, we've been busting on each other for over 30 years.