Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Color Print Negatives converted to Digital Pics.
Lens: Nikon AF Nikkor 35~80 D lens Camera: Nikon N8008s Film SLR Photo Location: Beaverton, Oregon ISO: 200 
Posted By: Tonytee, 02-18-2016, 10:51 PM

Today I finally picked up my CD containing converted Color Print Photos to Digital Format. Since these were taken a few years ago, I cannot offer accurate EXIF data. I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

Tony
Views: 858
02-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just an observation, if you were to crop just above the first Lily you would get rid of all the little distractions that are above it and that would improve the shot.
02-18-2016, 11:36 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Just an observation, if you were to crop just above the first Lily you would get rid of all the little distractions that are above it and that would improve the shot.
Thanks EM. Friends had us over their house and they showed us their flower garden late in the evening. The lights are from the poles they had in their garden. I thought they added to the shot, but if you feel they are a distraction, I will remove them. Thanks for the tip.

Tony
02-18-2016, 11:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
One night in the garden of....

Today I finally picked up my CD containing converted Color Print Photos to Digital Format. Since these were taken a few years ago, I cannot offer accurate EXIF data. I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking. I can add that I used my Nikon N8008s camera along with my AF Nikkor 35~80mm D Lens. I believe ISO would be at 200 since that is what I mostly shot back then.

Tony

Attached Images

Last edited by Tonytee; 02-19-2016 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Additional Information
02-19-2016, 01:20 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A vast improvement, now the eyes focus on the flowers.
02-19-2016, 02:15 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster

Should I execute the fly on the right flower? Thanks, EM. Sadly, I suspect there may have been some changes in the chemicals on the negatives. I am getting a lot of noise on a few shots, and it is difficult to adjust. I am hoping I will be able to salvage half of the 200 lot. (

TEE

---------- Post added 02-19-16 at 02:37 AM ----------

I tried posting the photo again and the system will not allow it. Oh well, the fly gets a reprieve.

Tony
02-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #7

I think you could just have taken away the four most bright points over the flowers and kept the mysterious djungle in the background which I think ads to the picture and makes it more interesting...and donīt toutch the fly! Nice pic!

02-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rednax Quote
I think you could just have taken away the four most bright points over the flowers and kept the mysterious djungle in the background which I think ads to the picture and makes it more interesting...and donīt toutch the fly! Nice pic!
Thank you very much,

Tony
02-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #9

if it had been a raw file and possible to lift up the background a little, I think the pic could have gone to exellent. The composition reminds me of Rousseau, the way he has the object in the foreground in brighter colour on a mysterious dark background...
02-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rednax Quote
if it had been a raw file and possible to lift up the background a little, I think the pic could have gone to exellent. The composition reminds me of Rousseau, the way he has the object in the foreground in brighter colour on a mysterious dark background...
Thank you very much for your excellent comments.

Rgds,

Tony