Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I saw "Fire(works) & I saw Rain" James Taylor Tanglewood (10 pictures)
Posted By: vievetrick, 07-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Well we went to the show even with rain predicted for the evening. Anyone ever been to Tanglewood you know for this show get there early for good lawn seats. We did get there early and it poored as soon as we hit the parking lot We toughed it out and went in and ended up setting up far away from the stage but under cover for the 3 hour wait for the show. Amazing enough about half an hour or so before the show started the skies cleared and the show went one (it would have anyway rain or shine) it never sprinkled again until we went home. It paid off and we stayed pretty try with the help of big umbrellas So here is a little photo series from the evening. I may add more in the responses. LIke the title said we saw lots of rain and they had fireworks after the show.

Die hards like us stuck it out in the rain.

But we had beer and wine to keep us dry inside

The skies let up a little and we broke out the tables and the food

The lawn filled up.

And James Took the stage. I was using the Sigma 70-200 and this is a major crop but still looks good to me.

I got ready with the tripod and caught this nice shot.

The air was thick and after a few booms the smoke stayed in place and made it hard to see a great fireworks display.

But I stuck it out, I love the tree in the fore ground.

But it got hard to see anything torwards the end.

Hope not overkill but wanted to share. Comments and suggestions always welcomed.
Views: 3,581
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
gee, Pat, that's not a very fancy spread of food for Tanglewood!

seriously, a fun series, I enjoyed seeing it
07-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Pat,

I really like the effect factor on the last image. That is a very nice photo!

Stephen
07-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What a shame about the smoke cause they look like they'd be excellent images if they had clear skys. Nice work, the last 2 a great shots.

07-06-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice - fireworks look good and JT ! Would like to see him in concert.
07-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Pat. And not only that but the Sox won on the 4th. A great day all around. I like the shots of JT and especially the second fireworks shot. The background of smoke actually makes that shot.

NaCl(rained here too and I stayed home...NYC crowds can be daunting)H2O
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Pat - I haven't been to Tanglewood since the early '70's when I lived in Watertown/Boston. This is a great series - geez, Taylor looks even older than Mick Jager.

Jer
07-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tim - For sure, the table was limited in these shots but we had more food you can't see. The rain was still coming down a little. I will say we got lot's of compliments or our table

Steve - thanks I have a bunch of smokey shots but this one really seemed to work a little better then the rest.

Kris - for sure I was pretty bummed

Dave - I would say it is a must if you are a fan. Even if your not it is a fun night out under the stars. Or in our case clouds.

Salty - Thanks to bad we lost yesturday and as I type we are tied in the 8th.

Sailor - no problem glad you enjoyed them.

Thanks all for the comments.

07-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

It looks like a nice venue Pat. I am surprised that they allowed cameras and tripods. Good food, James Taylor and fireworks to boot. Can't beat that for an evening out, even though you had to get wet in the beginning. You came home with some good images to remember the event too.