Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
GBH
Lens: DA 300 1.4 TC Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Tetons ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: slowpez, 03-01-2016, 07:21 AM




This is one of my favorite shots of a Great Blue Heron.
Views: 619
03-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,395
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
one of my favorite shots of a Great Blue Heron

Mine too, now. Love the framing on this--the azure water is really special.
03-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
DW58's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 3,834
Nice capture! Subtle contrast of color between heron and water really works for me. Where in the Tetons were you? I grew up in Jackson but left in '89. Got too expensive.
03-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Mine too, now. Love the framing on this--the azure water is really special.
Thanks so much.

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Nice capture! Subtle contrast of color between heron and water really works for me. Where in the Tetons were you? I grew up in Jackson but left in '89. Got too expensive.
We were in Gros Ventre campground. Part of our 50th anniversary trip to the western national parks. Thanks for having a look and for the nice comment.

03-01-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
GBH
Grievous Bodily Harm is a term under English Law, here it would equate to Serious Assault under Scottish law.

I just wondered how you were gonna photograph that.
03-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Grievous Bodily Harm is a term under English Law, here it would equate to Serious Assault under Scottish law.

I just wondered how you were gonna photograph that.
Well you know I have been known to grievously harm a photo before.
03-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Well you know I have been known to grievously harm a photo before
Now you've really got my attention...
03-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,611
Very nice composition, and very sharp with lots of detail on the feathers. That's mighty hard to do with a BIF!

03-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,676
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
This is one of my favorite shots of a Great Blue Heron.
You should be proud of that picture.
It is excellent !
BTW, you fooled me for a minute: I thought you had taken this today!!
03-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
volley's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springe
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,664
That is a great shot, Susan!
03-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #11
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Very nice composition, and very sharp with lots of detail on the feathers. That's mighty hard to do with a BIF!
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You should be proud of that picture.
It is excellent !
BTW, you fooled me for a minute: I thought you had taken this today!!
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
That is a great shot, Susan!
Thanks all for your kind comments. Really appreciate it.
03-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,205
Wow, Susan, this shot is very cool. I like the composition and the frozen action against the reflections in the blue background. Really different.

I don't know how people get such good BIF shots; I guess my old brain ain't quick enough.

Jer
03-07-2016, 06:51 AM   #13
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,847
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow, Susan, this shot is very cool. I like the composition and the frozen action against the reflections in the blue background. Really different.

I don't know how people get such good BIF shots; I guess my old brain ain't quick enough.

Jer
Neither is mine Jer. Even us wrinklies get lucky sometimes.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature GBH nesting Weevil Post Your Photos! 5 07-22-2018 10:26 AM
Nature Another GBH daacon Post Your Photos! 11 08-07-2014 10:00 AM
Nature He saw me...but too late- got my GBH BIF. imtheguy Post Your Photos! 16 10-28-2009 07:11 PM
High ISO K10D and GBH r scott webb Post Your Photos! 8 08-18-2009 07:01 PM
GBH, finally! r scott webb Post Your Photos! 8 07-23-2009 03:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top