Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Colorful Corvettes
Photo Location: Brazoria, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 03-07-2016, 03:46 PM

Although I've come close a time or two, I've never owned a Corvette. Nevertheless, I admire these iconic cars for their egregious styling, brash colors, potent drive trains and delightful impracticality. Here are a half dozen pictures of some 'Vettes that I photographed at a local car show on Saturday.

Jer

Views: 928
03-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You're making me envious now Jer.............great shots of great cars.
03-08-2016, 07:15 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
You're making me envious now Jer.............great shots of great cars.
Man, you could pick one of these up and park it next to your blue hot rod. Thanks for the nice words.

Jer
03-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you spend so much time at local car show's, I would never see such a collection otherwise
Nice job, Jer, very nice!

03-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice view Jer! You do make a lot of car shows, interesting and love to view what you post. I was never a Vette fan, excepting the 57/58 models which I still love. I had a girlfriend in High School that had a '58 and it was fantastic......she was sort of homely, but I still missed her when she dumped me for another guy...it was a heck of a car to drive! When she asked me if I was only dating her for her car....I should have lied.......

Regards!
03-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Glad you spend so much time at local car show's, I would never see such a collection otherwise
Nice job, Jer, very nice!
Hey, Norbert, thanks much. I'm glad you enjoyed these colorful characters.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Nice view Jer! You do make a lot of car shows, interesting and love to view what you post. I was never a Vette fan, excepting the 57/58 models which I still love. I had a girlfriend in High School that had a '58 and it was fantastic......she was sort of homely, but I still missed her when she dumped me for another guy...it was a heck of a car to drive! When she asked me if I was only dating her for her car....I should have lied.......

Regards!
Thanks for the kind words, my friend.

My fantasy - back in the day - was to find a girlfriend with an XKE or a Cobra. I failed, but I ain't the smooth talkin' devil you are.

Jer
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Definitely awesome cars!
Great shots, Bud...all of them!!

03-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
My fantasy - back in the day - was to find a girlfriend with an XKE or a Cobra. I failed, but I ain't the smooth talkin' devil you are.

Jer
This thread is a lot more fun than those FF threads. I need to get away from that stuff and hang out over here.

In my youth I dated a young lady off and on for 7 or 8 years who drove a Porsche 365 Coupe. Unfortunately during one of the off periods she met a guy who was a better driver than I. Fortunately I drove a TF1500 then, and she had a shy friend who'd never ridden in an open cockpit MG . . .
03-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Gotzy Quote
Definitely awesome cars!
Great shots, Bud...all of them!!
Thanks very much, Tom. I always appreciate your comments.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This thread is a lot more fun than those FF threads. I need to get away from that stuff and hang out over here.

In my youth I dated a young lady off and on for 7 or 8 years who drove a Porsche 365 Coupe. Unfortunately during one of the off periods she met a guy who was a better driver than I. Fortunately I drove a TF1500 then, and she had a shy friend who'd never ridden in an open cockpit MG . . .
Man, you and Rupert had the touch. Only one of my girlfriends (who's been my wife going on 48 years now) had a car; it was a '63 Ford Galaxy fastback hardtop with a measly 260 V-8, automatic and NO power steering - a cumbersome beast if there ever was one and a far cry from a 356. I had a new '67 Cougar at the time, so we sold the Ford when we got married.

Jer
03-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Seeing the vettes gleaming is a delight

TFS Jer

cheers
03-13-2016, 10:48 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Seeing the vettes gleaming is a delight

TFS Jer

cheers
Thanks, Ivan. One of these babies would look good in your driveway, my friend.

Jer
03-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting these. My wife and I owned a used '72 orange, t-top, automatic, 350 engine (it was actually her car). I was working for the Army at Ft. Polk, LA and bought it from a single 2LT. who was scheduled for rotation to Germany and didn't want to take it overseas because of the high insurance rates. We drove it for almost 3 years until my wife was pregnant with our second child and she couldn't get behind the wheel, and it was too hard for her to get into and out of it. Wound up selling it and buying a Chevy wagon. Really liked that car.
03-14-2016, 09:47 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Thanks for posting these. My wife and I owned a used '72 orange, t-top, automatic, 350 engine (it was actually her car). I was working for the Army at Ft. Polk, LA and bought it from a single 2LT. who was scheduled for rotation to Germany and didn't want to take it overseas because of the high insurance rates. We drove it for almost 3 years until my wife was pregnant with our second child and she couldn't get behind the wheel, and it was too hard for her to get into and out of it. Wound up selling it and buying a Chevy wagon. Really liked that car.
Thanks for looking, Tom. I'm glad the pics brought back some good memories and very much enjoyed your recollections. Your comments sparked a memory of my own: it's been a long time since was a a 2LT!

Jer