Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Perhaps, a Pussywillow?
Lens: DA 18-135mm ED DC Camera: K-30 ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Dewman, 03-12-2016, 07:07 PM

I saw this beautiful "weed," along side the road. I'm not sure, but I think it's a pussy willow. It looked striking with the backlighting, so I made a quick U-turn and photographed it.

Last edited by Dewman; 08-05-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Views: 748
03-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Worth the U-ey for sure!
03-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Worth the U-ey for sure!

A funny thing, Dave. After I turned around and headed back, I kept looking for those brilliant white blooms but for the life of me, I couldn't find them. I slowed down and kept looking until I was sure I had passed them, so I turned back around and went back. I hadn't gone 50 feet and there they were! Looking at them as they were backlit, they were stunning, but go to the other side and the were the most bland, uninteresting things imaginable!

I think that's one of the remarkable aspects of photography in that it teaches you to see things in a "different light." There's not a day that goes by that I don't notice something interesting that has been right under my feet all the time. But, maybe it's just my age catching up with me and I tend to go through life a little slower and take the time to look more closely.

It makes me think of this:
03-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I think that's one of the remarkable aspects of photography in that it teaches you to see things in a "different light." There's not a day that goes by that I don't notice something interesting that has been right under my feet all the time. But, maybe it's just my age catching up with me and I tend to go through life a little slower and take the time to look more closely.
Absolutely. The thing is I've always been inclined that way (sometimes to the great irritation of bosses, spouses and other comrades) It's ADHD, I'm sure. The camera is a way of showing what's captured my attention.