Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another Image Benjamin Kanarek
Posted By: benjikan, 02-11-2007, 09:11 AM

Here is another one NOT Retouched...16-45 Lens

Last edited by benjikan; 03-14-2007 at 05:55 AM.
Views: 2,470
02-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
To my eyes.. there is Nothing wrong with this shot!

Great Going!
02-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Great expression and direct look.
02-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Almost a doll look to her face.

02-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ben,

I am confused trying to compose similar shots to this one. How does one get that extreme contrast? Beautifully lit on both sides of the face, yet there is a well defined line between the lighter and darker sides?

Obviously there is a strobe on the brighter side?
02-12-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Balance

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Ben,

I am confused trying to compose similar shots to this one. How does one get that extreme contrast? Beautifully lit on both sides of the face, yet there is a well defined line between the lighter and darker sides?

Obviously there is a strobe on the brighter side?
It is all in how you meter the images between the highlights and shadows. It also depends on your intent. For this I did not do an average meter reading i.e. Instead of the Minolta Flash meter being placed directly in front of the face which would have exposed the 180 degree bowl on the meter to half shadow and half high light. I moved the meter at about 60 degrees towards the light source to read for the highlight i.e. the Flash head or light source and read the reading accordingly. The model was 90 degrees to the originating light source..The dark side of the face naturally picked up the reflected light coming off of the white hood which kicked back some light on to the dark side of the face...

Whew...That was a mouth full.
02-12-2007, 03:37 AM   #7
Inactive Account

un deuxieme expat !!! y a pas le choix quand on voit le forum pentax en france

so,great image ,but to my opinion,a little open flash will be better?

02-12-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It is all in how you meter the images between the highlights and shadows. It also depends on your intent. For this I did not do an average meter reading i.e. Instead of the Minolta Flash meter being placed directly in front of the face which would have exposed the 180 degree bowl on the meter to half shadow and half high light. I moved the meter at about 60 degrees towards the light source to read for the highlight i.e. the Flash head or light source and read the reading accordingly. The model was 90 degrees to the originating light source..The dark side of the face naturally picked up the reflected light coming off of the white hood which kicked back some light on to the dark side of the face...

Whew...That was a mouth full.
Thanks Ben, I don't have a light meter, now I know that it will have to be one of my next investments.

You posted up some amazing shots this weekend!