Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
F1 Winter Testing 2016
Lens: Sigma APO 100-300mm F4 EX DG Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya 
Posted By: red5isalive, 03-24-2016, 07:31 AM

Hello again!

Okay, last topic by now.

This past February and March we have had the Formula One Winter Test Days 2016 at the Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya, very close to Barcelona, and I went as a spectator to enjoy them and take some photos also only two days of the 8 that they have been here.

Here I would like to show you some photos,

Day 1 of Testing

I really liked the colour scheme on the Red Bull

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 07:38 AM ----------

During the last day of tests, Day 8 of 8 I tooked those ones, I went there only to enjoy the last 2h of the testing (from 16h to 18h or 4pm to 6pm) and tried to practice different points of view

Here you can see a bit of the track layout reflected on one of the grandstands

Again as I wasn't having any special permission to get any closer to the track photos aren't much different from each others. But I tried to go low on shutter speed trying to create images a bit different.

Again, hoping you like them,
Best regards
Views: 919
03-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shooting Daniel. Thanks for sharing them. I haven't been to an F1 race since 1966 at the Nurburgring.
03-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Great shots, but two in particular I really like are # 4 and 5...great shots of F1 at speed. Excellent panning.
03-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great shots, but two in particular I really like are # 4 and 5...great shots of F1 at speed. Excellent panning.
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice shooting Daniel. Thanks for sharing them. I haven't been to an F1 race since 1966 at the Nurburgring.

Thank you very much guys, much appreciated!

Yes, number 4 and 5 are also some of my favourites !

Steve! Keep the old good memories, because I don't think F1 has became any better nowadays, and I believe those days was nicer and more pure.

Last edited by red5isalive; 03-24-2016 at 10:41 AM.
03-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great shots, I like how the case is blurred in the pits, gives a sense of urgency
03-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I agree. They are nice shots, and the slow shutter-speed photo of the Renault exiting the corner is interesting, because the centre of the car is less blurred than either end, indicating it was still rotating out of the corner when you took the shot. Thanks for sharing, once more.

Nurburgring in 1966 was one of the great races of the era. Jack Brabham had a huge win over John Surtees in second place, finishing the season with his third F1 Drivers Championship. The entries for that race read like a pantheon of motor racing heroes from my youth.
03-24-2016, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Grippy Quote
Great shots, I like how the case is blurred in the pits, gives a sense of urgency
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I agree. They are nice shots, and the slow shutter-speed photo of the Renault exiting the corner is interesting, because the centre of the car is less blurred than either end, indicating it was still rotating out of the corner when you took the shot. Thanks for sharing, once more.

Nurburgring in 1966 was one of the great races of the era. Jack Brabham had a huge win over John Surtees in second place, finishing the season with his third F1 Drivers Championship. The entries for that race read like a pantheon of motor racing heroes from my youth.
Thanks! To be honest that wasn't the idea but was the result, you will see why.
There is this track section where you can see two sides of the track, the first two corners after the main straight line, and just on the other side this slow left hander.

I was shooting at the other side of the track at slow shutter speed, and suddenly changed there, and Rosberg with his Mercedes came just at the moment. My shutter speed was too low to capture that well, and just after Palmer and the Renault came, I was following the car and the image was quite great, but still did not changed the shutter speed.

I mean, working as media there for a previous race (24 hours of Barcelona) I have a slow shutter speed photo of a car that I love how does it look, and that was my intention since the very first moment, but this one of the Renault even the result was quite great I wasn't really looking to get it like that

04-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice! I love the panning in the 4th and the 5th.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-13-2016, 04:52 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Adam, quite difficult to have them done but yes, they are nice photos