Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Retreading Old French Ground
Lens: Pentax-DA 18-55 WR Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: French Alps ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: clockworkrat, 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM

I've been stuck inside dealing with a cold, so decided to mess around with some old photos from last summer. Whilst I've probably over-sharpened them (or at least, not paid enough attention to where they've been sharpened) I'm fairly comfortable with the overall results. My process these days (using Darktable) is to hit the monochrome filter straight away and process for tone first of all. Once I'm okay with the tones I remove the monochrome filter and decide whether the images really need colour at all. If they do then I fiddle around a bit more.

There's not much point getting too worked up about tones and colours since I rarely print and my screen is a crappy laptop thing with no depth.

Views: 604
03-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought you'd found part of the Black Isle that I've seen, until I read the actual post.

Fine imagery in that second one.
03-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I thought you'd found part of the Black Isle that I've seen, until I read the actual post.

Fine imagery in that second one.

If the Black Isle looked like that I'd never leave. As is, I don't think this style would suit much of the Black Isle's scenery.
03-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Really like the second shot. Just beautiful.

03-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Really like the second shot. Just beautiful.
Thank you.

---

Here's another couple I've redone.

---

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the "style". I like it, but have I overplayed it at all, or drained too much life out of the images?
03-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I need to get to the Alps! I know the Pyrenees pretty well, but they do not look like this. Great photographs...