Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Slough of Despond
Lens: K20/4;K135/2.5 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Forks of the River WMA, Knoxville ISO: 80 
Posted By: CreationBear, 03-31-2016, 07:59 PM

Wandering about in the State gamelands on the banks of the French Broad River this evening--a bit brighter conditions than I'm used to had me trying my hand at exposure blending on a few of these. Harder than it looks!

Views: 1,497
04-01-2016, 02:35 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the density of these with all the great detail and then swaths of color/light. Great to see the woods greening up. Lovely Redbud! East TN has fantastic woods!
04-01-2016, 05:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
East TN has fantastic woods!

Yes, but you often can't see them for the trees... Thanks!
04-01-2016, 05:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You are lucky to have these woods in your backyard. Spring is in full swing I see.

04-01-2016, 06:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Spring is in full swing I see

Definitely Spring here--this particular patch of ground is pretty hardscrabble, cedar glade territory (more prickly pear than trillium) but there's a world of False Solomon's Seal under the canopy along the river...not bloomed yet, though.
04-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh, nice! The first really got to me. I've encountered that river in NC--lovely country. Nice to see the redbud, too.
04-01-2016, 06:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I've encountered that river in NC

Thanks! A bit different look than the mountain streams I'm usually on, but if the light's right this country does have its charms.

BTW, I need some expert advice: if, in the course of an afternoon, you find yourself wanting a FL you don't have more than three times and your wife's left you home-alone while she's at an academic conference and there's just such a legacy prime up on KEH, that's pretty much an automatic "ADD TO CART" isn't it?

04-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
BTW, I need some expert advice: if, in the course of an afternoon, you find yourself wanting a FL you don't have more than three times and your wife's left you home-alone while she's at an academic conference and there's just such a legacy prime up on KEH, that's pretty much an automatic "ADD TO CART" isn't it?
Slam-dunk, dog.
04-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Slam-dunk, dog.

Awesome, but there may be a deposition in your future. (You'd think I'd get credit for using my off-time crawling through scrub-brush and not down on Market Square drinking craft beer served by ecdysiastic coeds with absent fathers and improbable tan-lines...)

At any rate, a couple more experiments in exposure blending:

04-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Great series!
04-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, a different landscape from Norway's I should think!
04-02-2016, 06:31 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'd think I'd get credit for using my off-time crawling through scrub-brush and not down on Market Square drinking craft beer served by ecdysiastic coeds with absent fathers and improbable tan-lines...
I would, indeed. And think of those unfortunate coeds whose lives are undoubtedly impoverished by your absence.
04-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha, and people think photography (and/or flyfishing) is expensive...

At any rate it's a great time to be out, whether here in the mountains or the Eastern Shore--pretty soon we'll both be exchanging our flowers for tourists.
04-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
served by ecdysiastic
Thank you for expanding my vocabulary, in spite of multiple exposures to this form of entertainment in my misspent youth, the terms that I learned were much less lyrical. The only other comment I'll make is that in the entertainment facilities I patronized those many years ago, the ecdysiasts felt that removing their clothes was sufficient to earn their performance fees and the beverage servers started and ended their shifts with the same quantity of clothing.
04-02-2016, 12:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That sounds like a union shop if there ever was one...