Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A New Look at an Old Tree
Lens: DA 10-17 FE Camera: K-3 Photo Location: My Backyard 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-03-2016, 02:12 PM

jcdog2006's very cool shots of Yosemite with a DA 10-17 posted several days ago prompted me to dig out my 10-17, which I've not used (nor laid eyes on) for at least a couple of years. Rather than travel to a national park, however, I just stepped into our backyard near the end of the day to take some shots of our old, grandaddy live oak tree. Before moving down here from Michigan in '95, we had our house built on this lot solely because of this tree, which - it turns out - remains green all year and is nearly always dropping something - leaves, pollen, asps, etc. Frankly, if I had it to do over again, I would have built somewhere else, but I can't help admire this old tree which has stood here for a lot of years.

Jer

Views: 725
04-03-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice tree! We bought a house under an ancient White Oak that covered the house. It was work and spring allergies were brutal, but it was also a great cohabitation. It kept us cool and was habitat for lots of wildlife. Unfortunately it got a devastating root fungus during our custody. I have many photos of it.
04-11-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice use of perspective

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: