Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Chickadees and a squirrel...
Posted By: bertwert, 04-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Here is some chickadees from today!
These are all uncropped and taken with my 50-200.
Enjoy



















And a squirrel specially for Otis. @Rupert make sure you show it to him...

Views: 1,481
04-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
-
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,745
Nice The resolution on that last one is outstanding - was that with the 50-200 too?!?!
04-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
And a squirrel specially for Otis. @Rupert make sure you show it to him...
Otis is jealous.....first thing he said ....."Who the heck posted that damn good lookin' squirrel?" I tried to tell him it was just a drawing, but he said the EXIF showed it was shot with a 43 Ltd.
04-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Nice The resolution on that last one is outstanding - was that with the 50-200 too?!?!
Thanks!
Nah, it was taken with Microsoft Paint...

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Otis is jealous.....first thing he said ....."Who the heck posted that damn good lookin' squirrel?" I tried to tell him it was just a drawing, but he said the EXIF showed it was shot with a 43 Ltd.
I wish...

04-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,593
Looks like you may be in chickadee haven with so many visitors showing up, unless you have a repeat visitor.
04-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Looks like you may be in chickadee haven with so many visitors showing up, unless you have a repeat visitor.
I've got a lot of them!

But I'm sure there are some repeats.
04-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,593
They look like a friendly crew. Good pictures!

04-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 51,011
The Paint squirrel really made me laugh!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-22-2016, 06:24 AM   #9
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The Paint squirrel really made me laugh!
That's the idea
04-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #10
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 39,654
Just goes to show, they don't really make any bad lenses these days. If you learn to use what you have, you get great photos. Nice shooting.
04-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #11
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Just goes to show, they don't really make any bad lenses these days. If you learn to use what you have, you get great photos. Nice shooting.
Thanks! I shot some more yesterday and a bunch of pine siskins as well. This morning I tried it with the fish eye from two inches away from the feeder with a remote control line out to me hiding in the bush, but the shutter really scared the chickadees and it started raining...
04-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #12
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 39,654
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Thanks! I shot some more yesterday and a bunch of pine siskins as well. This morning I tried it with the fish eye from two inches away from the feeder with a remote control line out to me hiding in the bush, but the shutter really scared the chickadees and it started raining...
I tried that once with my K-3 and Flue Card and iPad, but, it turns out, you have to sit so close to the camera for the flue card to work, you may as well just hold the camera. I guess like you, I'm currently in a rain delay. This morning's shooting has been postponed. I might try the fisheye thing though. It's a concept with potential. Using the iPad, and sitting in the blind, I can zip up the blind so my motions don't disturb the birds and see with the iPad.
04-22-2016, 07:29 AM   #13
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I tried that once with my K-3 and Flue Card and iPad, but, it turns out, you have to sit so close to the camera for the flue card to work, you may as well just hold the camera
I have a (homemade) wired remote 20 feet long.
04-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #14
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 39,654
How about a little proof of concept?



With some cropping




Back to the full frame


All I need here is some light, I'm tempted to try with the FA 50 1.7
04-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,161
Original Poster
Here's what I got this morning.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, chickadees, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Nuthatch and phantom chickadees normhead Post Your Photos! 3 08-01-2018 04:58 AM
Nature A couple of chickadees normhead Post Your Photos! 14 01-10-2015 10:30 AM
Nature Wilson Snipe and a "Window" of chickadees jpzk Post Your Photos! 6 05-07-2013 05:38 PM
Nature Early Robin, a Deer and a Crazy Squirrel photocanadian Post Your Photos! 8 02-04-2012 07:22 PM
Seagulls in flight and Chickadees not. dws1117 Post Your Photos! 7 01-03-2009 01:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top