Views: 1,735
04-07-2016, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Not constantinople?
Why did Constantinople get the works?

Great shot, especially considering it's handheld, must not have had too much of the Turks' famous coffee

04-18-2016, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice! I prefer the first, as the second one looks too "squished". Maybe play with a slightly tighter crop of the sides? I also don't think the streetlight is distracting. It makes the photo feel more real.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-19-2016, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
It's really just a snapshot that was taken hand held...
I just say that I'm scouting for locations, with shots that are hand held, automatic extra brownie points earned immediately, with non photographically inclined members of public.
04-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Why did Constantinople get the works?

Great shot, especially considering it's handheld, must not have had too much of the Turks' famous coffee
No coffee for me. They have that stuff and tea everywhere! They love their tea for sure. Coffee as well....

It actually wasn't too bad... I shot it f8 and 1/30 of a second....ISO 1600.... the building gets lit up at night and there are a lot of street lights around....

I have even walked around a little bit with the 31mm wide open and got some pretty decent shots...

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Very nice! I prefer the first, as the second one looks too "squished". Maybe play with a slightly tighter crop of the sides? I also don't think the streetlight is distracting. It makes the photo feel more real.
Thank you! That's pretty cool. I have been trying to get good shots while I am here... there are no excuses here...Back home I complained that there was nothing to shoot (which largely is true) but here... the excuses stop because there is so many things to take pictures of. It doesn't matter what lens you have... there is something here that can be photographed... so in ways I am trying to stretch my legs a little bit.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I just say that I'm scouting for locations, with shots that are hand held, automatic extra brownie points earned immediately, with non photographically inclined members of public.
HAHAA! They will think you might introduce them to Tom Cruise or something eh? LOL!

Around here though I am finding that a lot of people are into photography (big duhh on that one---just look at the place!).... I've seen all kinds of gear including Pentax...this is a very photography friendly city for the most part.

04-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
They will think you might introduce them to Tom Cruise or something eh?
Hey the Kerrowdown only hangs with the A listers, not B listers like this Cruise fellow.
04-21-2016, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both are good but I'll take the first one. It has a bit more "atmosphere".
04-22-2016, 01:59 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Both are good but I'll take the first one. It has a bit more "atmosphere".
That is the same thing many people said as well. That said other people like the other one... me I go back and forth

That said sometimes the mood and emotion trumps the technicality part of a shot.