Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A few shots from today in Instanbul (Blue Mosque area)
Posted By: alamo5000, 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM

Views: 811
04-08-2016, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing these images of Constantinpole I mean Instanbul. .
04-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Thanks for sharing these images of Constantinpole I mean Instanbul. .
You're welcome I am glad you like them.

Next thread I will call it Constantinople just for you! LOL!!
04-08-2016, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It reminds me of this:

04-08-2016, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Nice! There is a restaurant called Doy Doy (I think that's how you spell it). It is just below the Blue mosque, if you go around it away from Hagia Sophia. There is a roof top patio and a nice view. Also, you should check out Suleimanie mosque, if you haven't already. It is one of Sinan's masterpieces. The view of the Golden Horn is really beautiful.
04-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Nice! There is a restaurant called Doy Doy (I think that's how you spell it). It is just below the Blue mosque, if you go around it away from Hagia Sophia. There is a roof top patio and a nice view. Also, you should check out Suleimanie mosque, if you haven't already. It is one of Sinan's masterpieces. The view of the Golden Horn is really beautiful.
I got myself an apartment here in Constanti... I mean Istanbul... so I can go check it out on another day...

So far I am really enjoying it here.

One thing I did notice though... around that area the salesmen are way more aggressive. At least for me I had a number of pushy people and some people trying to scam me... One dude even handed me a menu that had all the prices listed on it... but when I went to the place the menus there had prices that were WAY higher...

See ya later dude. I ain't got time for that.

Right on the square and all that is fine... but across the street at those shops... for 4 or 5 blocks it was all overly pushy salesmen and the like...so I probably won't be hanging out around there much.

But anyway I digress... this city has a lot of stuff to see. That's the moral of the story. LOL!
04-11-2016, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's some beautiful architecture! Thanks for sharing the set.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's some beautiful architecture! Thanks for sharing the set.
Thank you.

So far this has been a really awesome place. Seriously!