Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Looking up through the world...literally
Posted By: NaClH2O, 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM

Every time I drive to work, I drive past Flushing Meadows Park in Queens with Shea Stadium, Arthur Ashe Stadium and especially the Unisphere. I always remind myself "someday I'm going to have to go over there and get some shots of the Unisphere. Well today was "someday". All shots taken with the K10D and either the DA 12-24 or the Sigma 17-70.
When I got there the fountains were turned off and the reflecting pool drained. At first I was disappointed but then I realized that I could now get right up underneath the structure. I have a degree in CE, and how they managed to get this beautiful piece of massively top heavy steel braced and secured was interesting to me. But what really amazed me was the multitude of different angles, arcs and lines were there for the still photographer. It's still very beautiful and interesting after 44 years.

As I was leaving I came upon this, it tickled my sense of humor so I grabbed a quick snap, it's a terrible shot, but I enjoyed all the would-be Atlases.

NaCl(next time I go back I'll bring my fisheye)H2O
Views: 2,503
07-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots. I'm loving #4.

Here's a different globe I shot recently, just for comparison. (Two more shots either side of it in the Flickr stream.)