Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Little Beggers
Lens: Sigma 50-500 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan Shutter Speed: 1/1000s 
Posted By: Scorpio71GR, 04-13-2016, 10:46 AM

I went down to our local city park on the river and the squirrels were out in force. This is most I have seen of them in awhile. They looked pretty worse for wear. There was one squirrel that was pretty banged up and a duck with an injured leg. They saw this old sap coming a mile away.

The first I see getting out of the Yukon.

Better turn it up a bit he is not giving anything out.

A little bit more.......

Yup that did it!

Hey wait for me!

Whoa that was close.

K3 plus the Bigma, I had to drive to the little store down the road but luckily they had some supplies.
Views: 1,033
04-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Colorful looking squirrel.
04-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
I had to drive to the little store down the road but luckily they had some supplies.
I was just reprimanded by Otis for missing this......very nice shots, but what is more important is that you took the time to get the little fellow some peanuts. You could s tell he was half starved....

For you concern and diligent and caring action, Otis wants to give you his most honorable award!

Congratulations!

Regards!
04-15-2016, 05:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, to receive the prestigious Otis award for giving away peanuts to homeless squirrels is quite and honor. You should be very proud.

04-15-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I went down to our local city park on the river and the squirrels were out in force. This is most I have seen of them in awhile. They looked pretty worse for wear. There was one squirrel that was pretty banged up and a duck with an injured leg. They saw this old sap coming a mile away.

K3 plus the Bigma, I had to drive to the little store down the road but luckily they had some supplies.
Nice story.
If you ever go to High Park in Toronto, there's a little store on the north east corner and across the street that will sell you a bag of peanuts to feed to the park squirrels. You almost feel guilty if you don't take any.

They look at you like they are saying "The little store is right over there man, you can afford it, we know you can. "

Of course the greatest population of squirrels is in the small corner of the park, ( it's huge park) right next to the little store. I think the squirrels there have a strategy of trying to get all your nuts before you get to the main part of the park, where you might give some to some other squirrels.
04-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Colorful looking squirrel.
Thank you.

---------- Post added 04-15-16 at 06:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I was just reprimanded by Otis for missing this......very nice shots, but what is more important is that you took the time to get the little fellow some peanuts. You could s tell he was half starved....

For you concern and diligent and caring action, Otis wants to give you his most honorable award!

Congratulations!

Regards!
Thank you Rupert, I am certainly homered with such a prestigious award.

---------- Post added 04-15-16 at 06:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Nice story.
If you ever go to High Park in Toronto, there's a little store on the north east corner and across the street that will sell you a bag of peanuts to feed to the park squirrels. You almost feel guilty if you don't take any.

They look at you like they are saying "The little store is right over there man, you can afford it, we know you can. "

Of course the greatest population of squirrels is in the small corner of the park, ( it's huge park) right next to the little store. I think the squirrels there have a strategy of trying to get all your nuts before you get to the main part of the park, where you might give some to some other squirrels.
Thanks Norm, I haven't been to Toronto in years, I would love to get back someday. It is about a six hour drive I really like the whole area from Hamilton to Toronto.
04-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Thank you Rupert, I am certainly homered with such a prestigious award.
Hey, thank Otis, he gave the award!

That is interesting about the store and the park......Thanks to Norm for giving out that valuable information, squirrels surely appreciate it!

Regards!