Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Uluru Kestrel
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K7 Photo Location: Uluru, Australia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.8 
Posted By: RobG, 04-19-2016, 03:51 AM

Uluru and Kestrel
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr

I'm trying to decide which shot I like better. I love the bokeh in one, and the detail in the other.

Uluru Kestrel
by RobGeraghty, on Flickr
Views: 466
04-19-2016, 04:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definitley the first picture. It has bokeh and it is more beautiful. Good bokeh it's very rare with bird shooting, and the first has it.Detailes aren't the most important thing. And the blue, at the second one it's too dark for my taste...
04-19-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Both are beautiful but I find the second one with its details and low-angle view more impressive.
04-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
Pentaxian

The first one for me too. I like the angle showing interesting rock? texture and bokeh

04-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like both, but prefer the second one.
04-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Second one for me. I like the lower perspective and the details are sharp not to mention the catchlight.
04-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The second image, for me, is the better one. I think that it shows the bird to best effect, with lots of detail. I like the blue sky as the the background.
04-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zburatoru Quote
Definitley the first picture. It has bokeh and it is more beautiful. Good bokeh it's very rare with bird shooting, and the first has it.Detailes aren't the most important thing. And the blue, at the second one it's too dark for my taste...
QuoteOriginally posted by SunValley Quote
Both are beautiful but I find the second one with its details and low-angle view more impressive.
QuoteOriginally posted by taks Quote
The first one for me too. I like the angle showing interesting rock? texture and bokeh
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
I like both, but prefer the second one.
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Second one for me. I like the lower perspective and the details are sharp not to mention the catchlight.
QuoteOriginally posted by Murra54 Quote
The second image, for me, is the better one. I think that it shows the bird to best effect, with lots of detail. I like the blue sky as the the background.
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm actually glad that the responses weren't all one way. I guess the second photo is a better one of the bird (and indeed I was closer, so there's more detail), but the first one shows the context of the bird with the red rock of Uluru (Ayers Rock). Wish I could have taken the same photo with the K3 and the DA*300, but the K7 and DA 55-300 did a surprisingly good job at the time.

04-19-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Good point about the catchlight, Susan - thanks for noticing!