Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

Tiny bug
Posted By: csa, 04-19-2016, 10:14 AM

Don't know what this bug is, but is very tiny. I took this with my K3, Sigma 105 macro, handheld; as I didn't have time to setup a tripod before it left.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,641
04-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hornet Quote
First one is a midge (Chironomidae) and the second is either a Muscidae or Anthomyiidae
Thank you!! I appreciate your help in identifying them!

04-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No problem. I like to see nice macros of insects and like to help with IDs when I can provide them. Unfortunately many insects are not identifiable to species with just a single photograph but the more people get out and shoot these amazing organisms the more we will know in the long run. Fortunately family-level identifications are not too difficult and provide considerable insight into the animal.

Keep up the good work! And post to bugguide.net if you don't mind adding your images to the resource.
04-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #18
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hornet Quote
No problem. I like to see nice macros of insects and like to help with IDs when I can provide them. Unfortunately many insects are not identifiable to species with just a single photograph but the more people get out and shoot these amazing organisms the more we will know in the long run. Fortunately family-level identifications are not too difficult and provide considerable insight into the animal.

Keep up the good work! And post to bugguide.net if you don't mind adding your images to the resource.
Thank you!

I will be glad to add my images to that site!