Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Plane crash on Highway
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 07-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Hey everyone.. gosh I sure have missed everyone.. It seems like forever since I have been able to post or even lurk for that matter.. I have one more little trip this week then I am home for the summer... WHEW.. its going to feel good just to be home for awhile..

Anyway.. on the way back from the Oregon Coast we were delayed because a small plane had crashed on the road !!!!! So being the true photographer I am.. lol.. I grabbed my trusty steed and got a couple shots.. lol they wouldn't let me get to close but my 80 - 200 did a good job...

The Fire truck was blocking most of it but I got a couple peaks from both side..

Then they finally turned everyone around and let us take this 10 mile side road that took about 40 minutes to drive.. no kidding.... UGH>.. what a day.. We came in 50 yards from were we started.... so I grabbed one last shot..

From what people were saying no one was hurt atleast.... Enjoy. Kim
Views: 5,460
07-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Heliphoto, no a fireman did not steal my girl friend, much worse, one married my sister. My Dad was a fireman for 35 years (now that he has retired I have forgiven him - lol).

07-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
no photo's needed

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Good to see you back Kim. did you sell your shots to any local papers? These are easily as good as most we see on the frontpage. Good Stuff
I wish I could say Yes Peter, but no it took me a couple days to get downloaded and everything so no I was bad.. I didn't even try to contact he paper.. but thank you for the compliment.. I will do better next time I get a scoop like that..

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
If this was near Bend / Redmond, I'm pretty sure it was this accident(see also). Sounds like the aircraft suffered some sort of engine failure. I imagine with oil on the windscreen, she might not have been able to see exactly what part of the ground she was landing on - hence the fence and road.
Thanks for the link Heliphoto.. Thats great!! I believe this is the same accident. The area was full of obsticles, so she really did pretty well missing most of them.. including a big barn and a some heavy duty power lines...