Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Coquille Light House
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 07-12-2008, 01:29 PM

This little light house is very cute.... It sits at the mouth of the Coquille River near Bandon, Oregon. The lighthouse was established in 1896. It is known as the smallest lighthouse on the oregon coast.

Here a few shots of the little gem....

View facing west...

View facing East off the Jetty.

View facing South just up the beach.

A foggy shot.... what is a lighthouse without a bit of foggy mist..

Views: 1,633
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Good pictures, I've always loved Lighthouses.
I think my favorite one is #2.
07-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Kim, nice shots, my fav is the last one. Hope you had some good weather there! As far as the mist is concerned, you are not the first to encounter the Pacific Northwest's version of "liquid sunshine" Sir Francis Drake, in his search for the Northwest Passage described the Oregon coast as being inflicted with "most vile, thicke and stinking fogges".

NaCl(one of my favorite quotes, as a sailor I can sympathize with Sir Francis)H2O
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love lighthouses too, and #2 is my favourite also, it has just the right composition and all classic elements of a decent landscape!

07-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Wow Kim, back with a vengeance. Lighthouses make great subject matter don't they?
Might I suggest you straighten the horizon in the first shot? The last one looks moody, is that fog?
Gary
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good work Kim, keep 'em coming.
I really like that part of the world, very beautiful.
Look forward to seeing more.
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really nice, Kim. The first one is - to me - especially arresting. I like the way you framed the lighthouse "radically" to the right (no pun intended . . . . well).

Great series of a wonderful subject.

Jer

07-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Great series, Kim. Love the last one!
07-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone...

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi Kim, nice shots, my fav is the last one. Hope you had some good weather there! As far as the mist is concerned, you are not the first to encounter the Pacific Northwest's version of "liquid sunshine" Sir Francis Drake, in his search for the Northwest Passage described the Oregon coast as being inflicted with "most vile, thicke and stinking fogges". NaCl(one of my favorite quotes, as a sailor I can sympathize with Sir Francis)H2O
Thanks Salty... and Thanks for the little "fog" history... LOL We were lucky really.. We were there for 6 days and only had fog the last two mornings... I would of actually been bummed if we had not had any fog... Afterall as you kind of referred to .. they coast and the fog kind of go together!! glad you liked the pics..

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Wow Kim, back with a vengeance. Might I suggest you straighten the horizon in the first shot? The last one looks moody, is that fog?
Gary
Of course I am back with a Vengeance... Would you expect anything different.. ?? I never even caught the horizon not being straight on the first one, I will see what I can do... Yes the last is foggy...

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Really nice, Kim. The first one is - to me - especially arresting. I like the way you framed the lighthouse "radically" to the right (no pun intended . . . . well). Great series of a wonderful subject. Jer
Thank Jer... and Thanks to everyone that commented... I am soo glad you enjoyed them and feels really good to be back posting again.. Once I get back from this next little jaunt I have several that are patiently waiting to be posted..

Here are a couple more LH pic..

thanks again!!!!
07-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Very nice series, Kim. I'd really like to see #2 and #3 with some added contrast. Those are some really good shots with great composition...
07-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Looking good Kim, an so are the lighthouse pic's

It looks like you had a great trip there.
Thank you for sharing.