Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Two Icons of Pentax
Lens: A 85mm f/1.4 
Posted By: maverickh, 05-08-2016, 06:49 AM

In the 1980s, Pentax introduced the LX as a 35mm film camera system for the professional photographer. With a built-in exposure meter which was able to meter own to -6.5 EV, and an exchangeable viewfinder - a total of 8 viewfinders were available together with 9 focusing screens, it was one of the most advanced 35mm film SLR of its time and made PENTAX famous.

Now in 2016, after years of meticulous planning and receiving user feedback, Pentax has once again come up with an advanced DSLR , which packs a number of innovative features, such as Astrotracer, Pixel Shift, a very well engineered moveable LCD screen. Lets hope it will put the PENTAX brand in the mind of a new generation of photography enthusiast and attract a new following.

Below are the 2 icons from PENTAX

Views: 1,268
05-08-2016, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by maverickh Quote
I had to and check my kit immediately, after I seeing it here in your image.
05-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I had to and check my kit immediately, after I seeing it here in your image.

Thanks for dropping by .
12-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that many years down the road, the K-1 will be remembered very fondly for finally propelling Pentax into the full-frame era. Hopefully big cameras will still exist by then!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the K-1 but never had the LX. I did have an ME-Super though (which predated the LX by a few years I think), and to this day I regret selling that camera. I got some great pictures out of it!
12-06-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This photo makes a very nice presentation. I still have my two LX bodies; I never shoot with them, but once a year or so I'll pull them off the shelf just admire their elegantly minimalist design.

Jer
07-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the 1980s, Pentax introduced the LX as a 35mm film camera system for the professional photographer. With a built-in exposure meter which was able to meter own to -6.5 EV, and an exchangeable viewfinder - a total of 8 viewfinders were available together with 9 focusing screens, it was one of the most advanced 35mm film SLR of its time and made PENTAX famous.

Now in 2016, after years of meticulous planning and receiving user feedback, Pentax has once again come up with an advanced DSLR , which packs a number of innovative features, such as Astrotracer, Pixel Shift, a very well engineered moveable LCD screen. Lets hope it will put the PENTAX brand in the mind of a new generation of photography enthusiast and attract a new following.

Continuity of form. Joy to pentaxians everywhere.

11-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Drool. Drool.
11-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice picture. What lens is that on the LX?