Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

First attemped on festival photography
Posted By: Carpon, 05-09-2016, 03:07 AM

Been away for a while but back behind the camera again. This weekend I did my first attemped on festival photography, with a somewhat unusual lens but one I became to love and appreciate as a short tele the "SMC Pentax-M 100mm F4 Macro". I find it good to focus manual and like the rendering off it, only down sites for me are that it's only F4 and no A setting, but working a bit harder and thinking before I shoot is a challenge I love to take. I Hope you like the results aswell.

Greetings,

Carpon.

Attached Images

Views: 1,644
08-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

If I may... the color photos don't look complete to me... IMHO they are underexposed. A few seconds in Lightroom would fix that.

I do like the first bw shot exactly the way it is.

08-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Fair comment, was struggling a bit, first attempt full manual Bought myself a "SMC Pentax 85mm 1.8" the K version) now, I think it will be more suited for the job although for some reason I love this lens, not made for this but imo a great B&W output. Thank you for your honest comment.

---------- Post added 08-30-16 at 06:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarK-1 Quote
Awesome shots, especially given the fact it's almost all manual work. Good compositions!
Thanks MarK-1 for your kind words, steep learning curve but so much fun to do.
08-30-2016, 02:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Carpon Quote
Fair comment, was struggling a bit, first attempt full manual Bought myself a "SMC Pentax 85mm 1.8" the K version) now, I think it will be more suited for the job although for some reason I love this lens, not made for this but imo a great B&W output. Thank you for your honest comment.

---------- Post added 08-30-16 at 06:56 AM ----------

Thanks MarK-1 for your kind words, steep learning curve but so much fun to do.
I usually underexpose a bit (to make sure I don't lose any highlights), and just correct that in Lightroom I don't think there is any harm in that.