Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blimp orbits the globe
Posted By: NaClH2O, 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Well it got you to look didn't it? Finally finished processing the shots I took at Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, NY. Not only do I have an orbiting blimp, but I've also got a rocket thrower, some magnificent ruins, and a nifty nubile maiden!
All shots taken with either the Pentax DA 12-24 or the Sigma 17-70.

First the blimp

This sculpture is called "The Rocket Thrower" LaGuardia Airport is not far away and I kept trying to get an angle so that it looked like he was aiming at the planes, alas, no luck. But it's a cool sculpture anyway.

Close up of the knee showing the nice corrosion patterns

Some shots of the New York Pavilion from the 64-65 World's Fair. It's been abandoned for quite a while now. But it makes for great photos. Phillip Johnson, the architect said that it's more interesting now as a ruin than it was when it was functional.

a peek thru a gap in a security gate

I don't know the official name of this sculpture, but I call it "The Divers"

One final look back at the Unisphere

Thanks for looking! There are more shots here: saltwater : photos : Unisphere and Flushing Meadows Park- powered by SmugMug

NaCl(OK tour's over, everyone back in the bus )H2O
Views: 2,030
07-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good stuff, Salty! I love the Unisphere shots and that last shot of the Pavilion. I may try to give that one the Fisheye treatment the next time I'm in the area...
07-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks max, being from LI you may not be too far away. It's a good place to go shooting. There is also the lagoon that I didn't even get to and the Queens art museum.

NaCl(I will definitely be going back)H2O
07-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the shot of the corrosion on the knee. The others are really fascinating too. I need to get up to NY sometime. So many interesting things to shoot there. Nice stuff.

07-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Salt water, The third shot of the Pavillion really speaks to me as few others on the entire pentaxforum site have. Looking at it, I can feel the energy of the people attending that World's Fair.

Now I've got a strange urge to go hunt down some cotton candy.

Love it man!

re-t
07-14-2008, 03:33 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Great shots;I love the pavilion in ruins.

Thanks for sharing.
07-14-2008, 05:00 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm liking #4 and #6 the most. Really great place to shoot. My own penchant for details would have had me narrowing in on details with the Vivi 105.