Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Evening walk May 9th, 2016
Lens: Sigma 150-500 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Three Rivers WMA Baldwinsville, NY 
Posted By: boriscleto, 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM

Took the lil'Bigma out for a short walk this evening at Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area in Baldwinsville, NY.

FoY Baltimore Oriole

Ruby-crowned Kinglet

White-crowned Sparrow

FoY Rose-breasted Grosbeak. He was just a silhouette...

White-throated Sparrow

Chipping Sparrow

FoY adult Bald Eagle. They have a nest in the marsh on the other side of the road from the section I was in.

Black-capped Chickadee

FoY Eastern Towhee. Another silhouette.

Yellow Warbler

FoY Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. First photo I've ever gotten of one.

Last edited by boriscleto; 05-09-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Views: 603
05-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

So many great shots in a short walk I like the Chipping Sparrow the best
05-10-2016, 06:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice set.
05-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Somehow I really like the short of the Yellow Warbler. The colors, composition, and grain work together nicely!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-20-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a beautiful series of photographs. I really like birds, they are so unpredictable and fun to photograph. I noticed in photo #1 some purple fringing on the branches. Unfortunately, my long telephotos suffer the same fate. I understand there is some PP Editing software that can take care of it. I believe someone recommended Lightroom 6. Again, great shots and thanks so much for uploading them.

Antonio