Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Global Big Day 2016
Lens: Sigma 150-500 Camera: K-3 
Posted By: boriscleto, 05-14-2016, 05:47 PM

Today, May 14th 2016, was Global Big Day. I spent it at several NY birding hotspots. The weather was not cooperative for most of the day...

Sunset Bay Park in Scriba, NY was the first stop. The early morning light was somewhat gloomy when we arrived, and that's when the best birding was...

Common Yellowthroat

Palm Warbler

The bird that made the entire day, and I didn't even know what it was until I ran it through Merlin Photo ID...Clay-colored Sparrow. A rare find for Upstate NY.

Female American Redstart

Next stop was Derby Hill Bird Observatory in Mexico, NY. I was there Thursday morning when the light was better, but there were more birds today.

Palm Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Tennessee Warbler

Magnolia Warbler

Then we went up to Jefferson County and the Black Pond Wildlife Management Area in Henderson, NY. The sun even came out for a while...

Male American Redstart. The Redstart might be even more frustration to photograph than a Kinglet...

Yellow Warbler

Warbling Vireo

Eastern Phoebe

The afternoon was largely wasted. We spent a lot of time driving and saw very little. It rained most of the time anyway...Stopped at Hamlin Marsh a mile from my house for a few minutes before it rained again...

Views: 873
05-14-2016, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Fantastic series. thanks for sharing. I spent the day counting at a private hotspot, gated island. Saw many of the same species. Love the Tennessee Warbler.

05-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The yellow warbler is a real standout. Another nice series.
05-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, outstanding day! ThanksW