Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Spring. Apple tree blooming.
Lens: Industar-61 L/Z 2.8/50 Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Tarasiha, Russia ISO: 100 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Chetverovod, 05-15-2016, 11:31 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 941
05-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both very nice. #1 the winner in my opinion.
05-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Both very nice. #1 the winner in my opinion.
Thank you
05-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonderful colours !
The leaves aren't even budded out yet here!!

05-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Wonderful colours !
The leaves aren't even budded out yet here!!
I think apple tree delays the budding of leaves to make bees job easy and give them possibility to visit every flower)
05-16-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
There's some really fine petal detail in that first image, good exposure control too, well done indeed.
05-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
There's some really fine petal detail in that first image, good exposure control too, well done indeed.
Thank you)

05-16-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, I believe they are both wonderful. My question is; In photo number two, is it common with that lens to produce some purple fringing? I didn't think that 50mm lenses had that issue. I do get that at times with my telephoto lenses. At any rate, well executed. Many thanks,

Antonio
05-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Really lovely. The first is my favorite.
05-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Actually, I believe they are both wonderful. My question is; In photo number two, is it common with that lens to produce some purple fringing? I didn't think that 50mm lenses had that issue. I do get that at times with my telephoto lenses. At any rate, well executed. Many thanks,

Antonio
Hi Antonio,
I think purple fringing is not common for this lens. I find in Internet concern about chromatic aberrations in Industar-61 L/Z only for wide open aperture.
I know that this lens has Tessar optical scheme, so it has similar features specific for Tessars. It has two peculiarities: some elements are made from lantan glass and star-like bokeh for some aperture numbers.

Next photo I made with the same lens as the first two. What can you say about the fringing on it?

[IMG][/IMG]

---------- Post added 05-17-16 at 10:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Really lovely. The first is my favorite.
Thank you, Susan)
05-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
Hi Antonio,
I think purple fringing is not common for this lens. I find in Internet concern about chromatic aberrations in Industar-61 L/Z only for wide open aperture.
I know that this lens has Tessar optical scheme, so it has similar features specific for Tessars. It has two peculiarities: some elements are made from lantan glass and star-like bokeh for some aperture numbers.

Next photo I made with the same lens as the first two. What can you say about the fringing on it?

[/url][/IMG]
This is a very nice photograph, and I cannot locate any purple or any color fringing. Speaking only from my own experience, I get purple fringing when taking a photograph of a bird out on a branch, and there is a bright, blue sky in the background. So any dark object that has a bright background is subject to purple fringing. I had this problem even when I was a film photographer. I once owned a Nikon 8008s that I used my Nikon telephoto lenses on. Now this camera had a program setting of Pd. The d is for dual which means it changes the configuration of the lenses when going beyond 135mm. Essentially my telephoto lens becomes a different lens with this setting. I know that CA (Chromatic Ab.,) is still a problem child and there are only a few ways to handle it or prevent it. Thanks again for your input.
Poka, Spasibo. ))

Antonio

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-17-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Additional Information
05-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
This is a very nice photograph, and I cannot locate any purple or any color fringing. Speaking only from my own experience, I get purple fringing when taking a photograph of a bird out on a branch, and there is a bright, blue sky in the background. So any dark object that has a bright background is subject to purple fringing. I had this problem even when I was a film photographer. I once owned a Nikon 8008s that I used my Nikon telephoto lenses on. Now this camera had a program setting of Pd. The d is for dual which means it changes the configuration of the lenses when going beyond 135mm. Essentially my telephoto lens becomes a different lens with this setting. I know that CA (Chromatic Ab.,) is still a problem child and there are only a few ways to handle it or prevent it. Thanks again for your input.
Poka, Spasibo. ))

Antonio
Regarding Chromatic Ab during photohunt to birds on a bright background I can say, that catadioptric (Maksutov) lens is looking interesting because they dont have this kind of aberrations at all. I am planning to buy ZM-5SA 8/500 to try this.

Pozhaluysta

Last edited by Chetverovod; 05-17-2016 at 12:50 PM.