Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lafayette Criterium (Cycling)
Posted By: edl, 07-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Here's a few of my favorites from the Lafayette Criterium yesterday. Shot with K10D + various lenses:

Sigma 18-50 2.8 Macro - tight panning
Tamron 28-75 2.8 - panning
Tamron 70-300 - tele

I'm not much of a sports shooter but I love cycling so I figured I'd give it a shot. I know I need fill flash, just haven't gotten around to picking one up yet.

Larger sizes at my flickr page.

Critiques please!
Views: 1,532
07-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
edl
Veteran Member

Original Poster

07-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You did a great job with these. I really liked 3,4 and 6. The last one looks like the MB tossed the racer from the angle and moment captured.

Good stuff!
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
edl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Peter! 3, 4, and 6 are among my favorites too.

Actually the last 2 were part of the finishing sprint sequence (i have a few more on flickr), but both guys were sprinting towards the finish, and the rider in blue leaned hard into the guy in white. There is usually some body contact in sprints, but the blue rider had his elbow hard into the guy in white, and they were way too close to the barriers.

With nowhere to go, white got shafted big time. He hit the barrier and flew over his bars at about 25mph. I missed that shot, I'm too used to dropping my camera and looking around whenever they crash.

It was a dirty finish in my opinion, but blue came over later and (I'm presuming) apologized.

Shooting cycling is pretty fun and challenging, I look forward to doing more of it. Hopefully with a better telephoto soon...