Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Collobus Monkey, perfect for sharp contrast!
Lens: Pentax DA 150 - 450mm and 1.4 Teleconverter Camera: K3 Photo Location: Nature Reseve/Zoo ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Kevriano, 05-17-2016, 12:43 PM

A couple of my first ever shots with the new lens combo. Almost perfect images to my eyes. A shame they are captive.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 866
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice! Very sharp, indeed. Were the shots handheld or do you need a tripod for that lens? I can only dream about getting the 15-450mm at the moment but someday I hope to get it. I've been lucky enough to see black and white Colobus monkeys in the wild and could have used that lens.
05-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Nice! Very sharp, indeed. Were the shots handheld or do you need a tripod for that lens? I can only dream about getting the 15-450mm at the moment but someday I hope to get it. I've been lucky enough to see black and white Colobus monkeys in the wild and could have used that lens.

Handheld. Almost all of my shots are, especially in good light. I clearly have a steady hand, it's a heavy beast! I find tripods a pain. I have a Monopod, but so far I am not using it with this lens. That will change on dull days though. I rarely shoot above ISO 3200, so I will need a Tripod/Monopod to compensate when I cant get the speeds I need.
05-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good job on these captive or not.