On a recent day trip to Lake Louise I took a few pictures of this bird:

Views: 1,194
05-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I swear Heinrich that I have the same photos of the same bird in the same tree taken at Lake Louise in 2011. He looks a bit older but it must be the same bird. Great series. My hubby has my old 55-300 and likes it a lot. I found it a great little lens and appreciate the weight of it after after carrying around the 60-250 and the 300.
Hi Susan and thank you. I have lusted after the 300 but it's over twice as heavy as the 55-300 and the camera seems to gain weight every year anyway..........besides that my old and heavy friend Bigma needs exercising once in a while.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Thanks for that Heinrich. At 50% crop, they still have great sharpness to them. I'm still looking for a cheaper version of that lens. I just bought a Pentax A-1.4x L rear converter from the Marketplace. Hoping it will enhance my Vivitar M 200mm f3.5. But maybe by Christmas I'll have the funds to buy the WR version of the 55-300mm.
A WR version just sold on the Marketplace for 200.00 , non WR version sell for less than that.

05-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found a non WR version for $95. Maybe next month I can buy that one. It's also the metal mount. Someone had one in the MP for $155, then said make him an offer, I did but he said he would have to stay with his original price.