Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
For All you (American) Football Fans
Posted By: cputeq, 07-14-2008, 09:31 PM

I'm known at work as "the photoshop guy".

A coworker came to me today and asked if I could create an image of Brett Favre (famous quarterback) in another team's uniform - they are discussing which team he may play on next and my friend wanted to trick everyone into "proof" he's on the Dolphin team now.

Before Image

A Few Hours Later

It ended up being a bit harder than I thought.

The main jersey color was easy - Color replacement in CS3. The difficulty came with the arm stripes - the Dolphin strips are more numerous and much smaller.

I had to do some cloning, then some dodging, burning, and a bit of blur work and smudge to recreate his arm. Then, I had to hand-draw the strips.

I also had to completely redo the collar of the jersey - I had to make a paintable texture of the neck material, then burn/dodge it a little to give it some depth.

Follow this up with a hue/saturation/lightness adjustment to his helmet to make it off-white, paste a logo of the dolphins, then edit his numbers to make the orange highlights with the dark blue "shadow" effect.

I'm pretty happy with it

I pasted this picture into a screenshot from NBC Sports page online, edited some text, then printed it out as "proof" he's with the Dolphins now.

FYI - I don't care one iota about sports, but I was asked to do this and found it a nice challenge
Views: 1,708
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Very nice work. I think you accomplished your goal.
07-15-2008, 02:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

haahaa... that's excellent PP work, cputeq. All I wanna know is if the trick worked ??
07-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I know a lot of people around where I live would hate to hear this but.... I think that Favre would fair better on a team like the Vikings if he doesn't go back to the Packers. Right now the Viking's main weapon is Adrian Peterson and EVERYONE knows it so they play soft on the pass usually with Cover 2. Last year they didn't have the Receivers or Quarterback to take advantage of that on the line. They look like they tried to shore up their receiver corps but they still have the same quarterback. They do however have one of the best O-lines in the league and that would be an advantage to Favre.

If you can't tell I'm excited that Football season is coming!