Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Neighbour's lawn
Lens: DA*200 and 40XS Camera: K-3 and WIldgame Innovations Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 100 
Posted By: normhead, 05-27-2016, 06:34 PM

There's an interesting story behind this place. The original cabin belonged to an Aunt of the people we bought our house from. Originally it was on a town road right beside the house. SO even the back porch of the house is currently on a right of way. The aunt didn't have a lot of money. SO the town clerk made her lot just a couple of feet bigger than the actual house to keep her taxes low. It was eventually sold to some ATVers who use it as a cottage from time to time.So while looking at the house you might think it looks like a normal house lawn etc. I could legally put a couple of trailers right in the middle of their lawn for the weekend and use their fire pit. It's all crown, they have no legal right to have me removed from anything but the house, although I would have to move my trailer at least 3 feet after 21 days in one spot. It's highly unlikely they could even have me removed from their porch.

Even the front porch is most likely on crown land.

Nice lawn

They have lots of apple trees.

The really funny thing is you aren't allowed to have permanent structures on crown land, so legally I could ask the MNR to burn their out house. When you live a long way from civilization, these things happen.
Views: 922
05-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #2
Forum Member

Interesting story behind the house/ land and broadens your range in away it seems. I might find it uncomfortable to sit on the porch whether or not legal.
Particularly enjoy the apple blossom images, well done as always. Thanks for a great story.
05-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by remark13 Quote
Interesting story behind the house/ land and broadens your range in away it seems. I might find it uncomfortable to sit on the porch whether or not legal.
The funny thing about that is, if we were good friends with them we wouldn't go on their "property" because friends wouldn't do that. But we don't particularly like them, so we stay off their land because we don't care to interact with them. I'm trying to imagine a circumstance where this situation could possibly be of benefit,but I can't think of it. I would like to buy the tiny lot, tear down the little cabin and connect my driveway to their road access. Right now we share road access with 2 other houses. And the other two almost never plow the shared driveway. IN fact the one of them who owns the plow asked me to contribute to the upkeep of the lane financially, even though 3 out of 4 times I clean it with my blower before he gets to it with the plow. People, sometimes you wonder what's going on in their heads.
05-27-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The funny thing about that is, if we were good friends with them we wouldn't go on their "property" because friends wouldn't do that. But we don't particularly like them, so we stay off their land because we don't care to interact with them. I'm trying to imagine a circumstance where this situation could possibly be of benefit,but I can't think of it. I would like to buy the tiny lot, tear down the little cabin and connect my driveway to their road access. Right now we share road access with 2 other houses. And the other two almost never plow the shared driveway. IN fact the one of them who owns the plow asked me to contribute to the upkeep of the lane financially, even though 3 out of 4 times I clean it with my blower before he gets to it with the plow. People, sometimes you wonder what's going on in their heads.
I assumed (I know better usually) that the atv crew would predominately be absent and loud enough to know when they are there to avoid any uncomfortable situations. I have had neighbors encourage me to come on their property to capture osprey nesting, but somehow it still felt intrusive. Peoples perceptions are so varied, it does make you wonder more often than not, but also how we get so many beautiful and creative works of art. Life would be boring if we all thought the same, but it would run much smoother if everyone just did it "my" way