Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
First walkbout with the samyang 14mm and K-1
Lens: Samyang 14/2,8 Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: The backyard 
Posted By: melander, 05-29-2016, 12:56 PM

Got my samyang on friday and have played abit with it at home. Today I had my first hike around the neighbourhood while I picked some blackcurrant leafs to cook some lemonade (svartvinbärsbladssaft)

Very happy with this lens sence it fits perfectly with my style of shooting. It replaces my samyang 8mm fisheye. I do miss the fisheye effekt sometimes tho.

Local skatepark in dire need of renovation, sadly they built a bigger and better one downtown.

Summer greenery looks so green after a long snowy winter

Wood sorrel, natures candy

Deep shadows and bright highlights works well with the K-1, just like my K-5 did

Trying some new bw developments

My favorite from today. When I look at it now I see that I should have placed the big stone in the picture and not behind the tree. Well well, its just a 800m to walk there.

I do like this sky shot, but I think that a fisheye would have done it better.
Views: 1,450
05-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I find it strange that no one has commented on this excellent series of shots................well done.
06-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like the Samyang 14mm performs great on the K-1! Now I only need to buy the K-1.
06-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
Got my samyang on friday and have played abit with it at home. Today I had my first hike around the neighbourhood while I picked some blackcurrant leafs to cook some lemonade (svartvinbärsbladssaft)

Very happy with this lens sence it fits perfectly with my style of shooting. It replaces my samyang 8mm fisheye. I do miss the fisheye effekt sometimes tho.

Local skatepark in dire need of renovation, sadly they built a bigger and better one downtown.

Summer greenery looks so green after a long snowy winter

Wood sorrel, natures candy

Deep shadows and bright highlights works well with the K-1, just like my K-5 did

Trying some new bw developments

My favorite from today. When I look at it now I see that I should have placed the big stone in the picture and not behind the tree. Well well, its just a 800m to walk there.

I do like this sky shot, but I think that a fisheye would have done it better.
A very nice series of shots. I must compliment you on your skill with the 14mm ultrawide; not an easy lens to use and you have mastered a fine technique.

06-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought this lens would be "very wide" on an APS-C camera but this is "extremely wide" !!
Great images and thanks for sharing !
06-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #6
Pentaxian

That lens looks like it has some amazing potential for sure. WOW. That second shot of the trees... nice. The thing about perspective... once you get it right... it's awesome. Just a degree here or a degree there off and it can change the whole feel of of a photo.
06-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Now THATS The Stuff ! I Love the perspective on the Clover shot. Just a suggestion....back up about another two inches and 5.6-8.0 all the way......NICE Shot !!!
I have the same lens and will get the K1 just as soon as I FIND One.

06-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice series. especially like the clover -- great comp and PoV.
06-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was wondering how the Samyang 14mm would work with the K1. Thanks for posting these great images. It sure works well in the right hands!
06-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No. 2 is great - I can almost smell the forest and feel the coolness of the air - really good.
06-12-2016, 03:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

agree, number 2 is the best in the series !