Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photographer and the cross
Posted By: aabram, 02-12-2007, 03:13 PM

It just so happened that instead of an old railway tracks I was planning to go to, I ended up in the cemetery. Don't ask. When you have time at hand and camera in your bag then things just happen. Spent good two hours there but only got few good pics. Sun came out late and started to set almost immediately. I tried to search the spots the sun still reached to. This was one of the crosses that glistened in the sun. I couldn't stand next to it so I had to stretch my arm out and shoot blindly.

When I was leaving I suddenly saw that the setting sun had drawn me and the cross next to me on limestone wall. I just couldn't miss that one. Cliché, I know, but I just couldn't resist.

Views: 1,650
02-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm surprised no one has commented on these yet. I think the first one is great, there's something about the lighting in that one that's appealing to me. Not sure about the second one though, I think your shadow kinda ruins it for me but the idea behind the photo is good.
02-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I didn't post because I simply didn't know what to say. The first one keeps getting my attention. Even though some may say it was off-centre, to me, it was simple and well done.

The second one - I like the shot, because of the lighting adding to the atmosphere, but I think the shadow in between you and the cross got in the way.
02-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
It's mostly russian cemeteray and most crosses are if not quite like these then at least carved or wrought to have some sorts of ornaments. Many you have to really look close at in order to appreciate the finesse. One could fill a book with photos taken there. Given good light, that is. I'll go back there when there's a greenery in the background.

And yes, the second one was taken on a whim, it seemed like a good idea then. But I'll not remove it, let it be once I already put it here.