Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pirate Meets Rib
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 06-02-2016, 01:04 PM

A definite "shaken but not stirred" ride.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 720
06-02-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What be all those lovely yellow flowers on the bank of the canal? By the way, I didn't realize that Loch Ness was such a turbulent body of water that whitewater rafting gear and a boat capable of shooting the rapids is required.
06-02-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You know, considering the Scottish weather, a poopy suit just makes all kinds of sense, even on dry land...

At any rate, I know that I shouldn't be able to tell at web-sizes (much less on a laptop) but your A*'s seem to be 'specially exuberant in terms of sharpness these days.
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
What be all those lovely yellow flowers on the bank of the canal?
I think they're just buttercups... but lots of them.

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I didn't realise that Loch Ness was such a turbulent body of water that whitewater rafting gear and a boat capable of shooting the rapids is required
Its not for rapids, it's purely for speed and fun, that said plenty of water to play with... extending for approximately 23 miles (37 km), it is the largest by volume in the British Isles and its deepest point is 755 ft (230 m),

Here's the other sister rib in more open water.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 06-02-2016 at 02:37 PM.
06-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
You know, considering the Scottish weather, a poopy suit just makes all kinds of sense, even on dry land...
What are you suggesting... that it's damp here.

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
At any rate, I know that I shouldn't be able to tell at web-sizes (much less on a laptop) but your A*'s seem to be 'specially exuberant in terms of sharpness these days.
Think that might by something to do with the new camera, I'm still testing "Ladies" out on it and testing myself with focussing skills in this viewfinder, without split circle and micro prisms.