Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Chief Paduke
Posted By: dgsullivan, 07-15-2008, 09:42 PM

K10D + Grip + 18-55 Kit lens @ 18mm @ 100 ISO, 1/125sec, ƒ/ 7.1, processed in Lightroom.

Carved from a tree in my home town of Paducah.

"According to legend, Chief Paduke, most likely a Chickasaw, welcomed the people

traveling down the Ohio and Tennessee on flatboats. His wigwam, located on a low

bluff at the mouth of Island Creek, served as the counsel lodge for his village. The

settlers, appreciative of his hospitality, and respectful of his ways, settled across

the creek." - Wikipedia

C&C welcome and appreciated, thanks for looking.

Last edited by dgsullivan; 07-31-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Views: 1,438
07-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the sepia treatment and I quiet like the composition. Cool photo. I think the vignetting may be too strong for my taste, and it appears uneven (you cropped some off the right, right?).

And then there's the watermark...I know where you're coming from, people freeloading off your work would be awful, but, I don't know, could you tone it down a bit, perhaps make it more translucent? I dunno why, but watermarks really bug me.
07-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
I like the sepia treatment and I quiet like the composition. Cool photo. I think the vignetting may be too strong for my taste, and it appears uneven (you cropped some off the right, right?).
Thanks. The sun was very close to the upper right hand corner of the frame and before adding vignetting the left was already a tad darker. But I agree, I went back and toned it down a little.

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
And then there's the watermark...I know where you're coming from, people freeloading off your work would be awful, but, I don't know, could you tone it down a bit, perhaps make it more translucent? I dunno why, but watermarks really bug me.
I hear bad things happening, so most of my photos on the web have a distinct water mark. Perhaps in the future I'd like to print some of my photos to hang, just nice to know my are the only ones w/o the watermark :P

Thanks again!
07-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
very nice and near story