Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My first go at Night Photography...
Posted By: codiac2600, 07-16-2008, 06:52 AM

If you guys didn't know I host photography classes on a ot of different topics here in Rockford. I've done nature/macro classes, lighting classes, portrait classes and many others with lots of great buzz surrounding them.

I'm in the middle of writing classes on on camera flash techniques, digital workflow for the new digital photographer, and now night photography. I've personally never done night photography, but have had a good idea of what to do, but I need proof to make these guys know I'm not just a bag of hot air while talking.

Last night my co-worker (with our DA* 60-250 f4 if you haven't read my write up on it go check in the Lens Discussion) went out and shot everything and anything night related we could in a few hours.

Here are the results! All taken with the K20D and 16-50 f2.8!

Views: 3,588
07-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #16

great pictures i do alot of night shoots becasue it the only time i really get to shoot much ill post some up for you to check out chris would love to have your opinion on them you do great work.

07-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
these are very good mate.. i think u and me have a similar style.. i can tell by ure deliberate slant angle in some of the shots.. (trying to make everyday subjects, appear a bit more interesting)..
i really love the 2 shots of the trees . fantastic captures and a great imagintion to think of capturing from that extreme angle. keep up the great work and keep the long exposures flowing. night time photography is also a personal fave with me. my tripod and remote shutter control gets a fair work out on the cold ,dark nights
07-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #18
Damn Brit

Great series of shots Chris, they clearly show how the ordinary becomes something else at night and different ways to capture those 'ordinary' scenes.
Gary