Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  
The Milky Way
Posted By: takis63, 06-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Hi all

I was stargazing this weekend and decided to take some pictures with the K-3II and the astrotracer.

So i shot a series of pictures with various setttings just to test the equipment. Some pictures i am very pleased with and only a few seemed to have startrail. All in all i am very satisfied with the results, even though i'm still learning.

This image was taken on Mt.Parnon Greece at an altitude of 1420m where is our dark sky observing site. In the foreground is my trusty Celestron 11" SCT. The image has an exposure of 120 sec with the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens and the astrotracer enabled and shows virtually no signs of startrail. Impressive result. Other astrophotographers present (with Canon gear) were also very impressed by the result.

But i have something to say. When i was taking the pictures in the field, the images in the LCD screen of the camera were looking spectacular. Not so when i downloaded the raw files to my pc. Colours were...well let's just say not spectacular. The images needed some work to produce a fine result.

Takis

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 3,027
12-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #31
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Love this shot. The telescope in the foreground is just a really nice effect. I wish the O-GPS worked with the K-7. I'll just have to settle for stacking for now, once I actually get out to a nice dark sky.

12-29-2019, 03:05 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Excellent shot!
12-31-2019, 05:21 PM   #33
Pentaxian

morgan city, alabama….bower 14/f2.8...K-r