Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Tried going all Lars Van De Goor...and it all went wrong!
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 06-12-2016, 01:38 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

I really admire the work of Lars Van De Goor Getting up early for some forest fun with the K-1 turned out to be a bit of a disaster.
Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Last edited by photolady95; 06-12-2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Blog link removed to comply with forum rules
Views: 1,810
06-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Imagination4 Quote
Beautiful lighting and dreamy like effect.
Thank you!

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 11:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Murra54 Quote
I lie the image, not being familiar with Lars work. It has some lovely lines through it drawing the eye down the gap between the trees. I also enjoy the sinuous shape of the trees in the fore ground.

To me seeing this image as a failure can only happen if you are trying to slavishly copy some other persons work.

Thanks Murra54. The failure is in part to the cow, the slug, the embarrassing trouser patch, and the loss of my footwear....thankfully none of which is represented in this shot.

The link to my blog that recounts the tale was quite rightly deleted

04-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote
[/URL][/IMG]

I really admire the work of Lars Van De Goor Getting up early for some forest fun with the K-1 turned out to be a bit of a disaster.
Oh well, back to the drawing board!
These trees spent every waking moment in search of sunlight. Thank you for immortalizing years of effort. Good job!
04-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Hi Peter, just had a squiz at your pics and you really have a good eye, regards Ian
04-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #19

Peter,
This is truly a view of a magical forest, I like it a lot, I have been following you in flickr and your work is beautiful.
keep the good work and posting it.
Thank you,
Tony V.

04-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FilmORbitz Quote
These trees spent every waking moment in search of sunlight. Thank you for immortalizing years of effort. Good job!
Thank you!

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2017 at 01:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hi Peter, just had a squiz at your pics and you really have a good eye, regards Ian
Thanks Ian....you are very kind.

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2017 at 01:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Peter,
This is truly a view of a magical forest, I like it a lot, I have been following you in flickr and your work is beautiful.
keep the good work and posting it.
Thank you,
Tony V.
Thanks Tony....glad you like my snaps.