Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Tried going all Lars Van De Goor...and it all went wrong!
Lens: 77mm f1.8 Ltd Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Beacon Hill, Leicestershire ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 06-12-2016, 01:38 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

I really admire the work of Lars Van De Goor Getting up early for some forest fun with the K-1 turned out to be a bit of a disaster.
Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Last edited by photolady95; 06-12-2016 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Blog link removed to comply with forum rules
Views: 1,812
06-12-2016, 01:46 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Well, I could spill all kind of nonsense around, but I've learned (the hard way, no blog stories to support that) that being yourself sometimes is the way to do it. Even if you admire someone else's work. I see nothing wrong on this excellent shot and I'm sure that even though you might think otherwise, there must be more of great keepers from your amusing adventure
06-12-2016, 01:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stein Quote
Well, I could spill all kind of nonsense around, but I've learned (the hard way, no blog stories to support that) that being yourself sometimes is the way to do it. Even if you admire someone else's work. I see nothing wrong on this excellent shot and I'm sure that even though you might think otherwise, there must be more of great keepers from your amusing adventure
Thanks Stein...have a great day
06-12-2016, 01:54 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
A cracking wee tale, if it were all easy... we wouldn't try to do it.

06-12-2016, 01:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
A cracking wee tale on your blog, if it were all easy... we wouldn't try to do it.
Thanks Kerrowdown...have a good one!
06-12-2016, 02:25 AM   #6
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by purplemelon Quote
Tried going all Lars Van De Goor...and it all went wrong! Report Post Like purplemelon's Post Lens: 77mm f1.8 Ltd Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Beacon Hill, Leicestershire ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F10 Posted By: purplemelon, 31 Minutes Ago (Online) I really admire the work of Lars Van De Goor
Well Peter there's a lot to admire about Lars's work, a lot of which is in post, having said this he needs a good image to work with and there's no shortage of those on his webpage. Lars does a good job of working with contrast and colour to enhance his compositions and the shapes he sees and captures. He's bloody good alright, and an excellent pick for taking inspiration from I reckon.

Good on you for the work you've put into your this shot, there's a real Sherwood Forest feel to your image and if this is where you're starting at then wow, once you work out your style you'll be inspiring plenty of others too.

Hooroo mate,

Tas
06-12-2016, 02:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Well Peter there's a lot to admire about Lars's work, a lot of which is in post, having said this he needs a good image to work with and there's no shortage of those on his webpage. Lars does a good job of working with contrast and colour to enhance his compositions and the shapes he sees and captures. He's bloody good alright, and an excellent pick for taking inspiration from I reckon.

Good on you for the work you've put into your this shot, there's a real Sherwood Forest feel to your image and if this is where you're starting at then wow, once you work out your style you'll be inspiring plenty of others too.

Hooroo mate,

Tas
Thanks Tas....you are very kind!

06-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #8

Not familiar with Lars' work but I do like this shot. Will check out his work.
06-12-2016, 02:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beanphoto Quote
Not familiar with Lars' work but I do like this shot. Will check out his work.
You can find his work here Lars van de Goor Photography Art
06-12-2016, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Thanks Kerrowdown...have a good one!
I know now where your going wrong... your not using a Hasselblad for your imagery like Lars Van De Goor does.

You'll get instantly the same picture results when you do, no problem.

06-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I know now where your going wrong... your not using a Hasselblad for your imagery like Lars Van De Goor does.

You'll get instantly the same picture results when you do, no problem.

he he he.....

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 07:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote

Hooroo mate,

Tas
Tas...just read your kind words to my better half and she had a tear in her eye. Thank you again for the encouragement.
06-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #12
Forum Member

Beautiful lighting and dreamy like effect.
06-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #13
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you again for the encouragement.
Some say the sky's the limit. I just don't think Jacques Cousteau or Neil Armstrong would agree.

And nor should you Peter. I meant what I said and look forward to seeing what you create in the future.

Tas
06-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I lie the image, not being familiar with Lars work. It has some lovely lines through it drawing the eye down the gap between the trees. I also enjoy the sinuous shape of the trees in the fore ground.

To me seeing this image as a failure can only happen if you are trying to slavishly copy some other persons work.
06-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #15

I like this a lot. The branches and roots have very interesting curves, very fantastical.