Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Niagara Falls Cruise
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F2,8 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario ISO: 400 
Posted By: fwwidall, 06-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Went for a drive to Niagara Falls this morning and went for a sail with Hornblower cruises to the Falls. Hornblower took over from the old Maid of the Mist cruises (on the Canadian side) last year.

I took along my K3 and DA 15mm. Hope you like the results.

Here we've just left the landing and the Rainbow Bridge, which connects Niagara Falls Ontario with Niagara Falls New York is behind us:

Here we're passing the American Falls with everyone in their stylish rain attire.

Approaching the Horseshow Falls a rainbow put in an appearance

Needless to say lots of spray and noise as you get close to the falls. Getting so close certainly makes you appreciate the raw power of them.

Here's the Maid of the Mist (which still runs from the American side) approaching the falls.

After the voyage I swapped over to my DA 70mm and took a few shots. Here's the Hornblower cruise heading out.

Finally here's a 30 second exposure I took with a very recently acquired Tiffen 3.0 ND filter. Colours aren't quite right, but not too bad for a first attempt. I forgot to bring along a viewfinder cover, so I used my thumb to block light entering through the viewfinder - worked quite well.

If you ever make it to Niagara Falls the cruise is well worth trying.

Last edited by fwwidall; 06-14-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Views: 968
06-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All are excellent; the colors are so rich! My favorites are the one with the rainbow, and the last one; the last one being #1 for me!

Really well done!
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

i love the WR in action!
06-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You got a nice crisp day. I had humidity issues most of the days I was there. Nice shooting.