Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Marrakech by night
Lens: IPhone 6 Photo Location: Jenna's El Fna Square 
Posted By: suzyq, 06-12-2016, 02:13 PM

Marrakech is a photographer's haven. If you ever get a chance to go, please take it. This is the famous Jemmaa El Fna square. By day it's a big open space with a few snake charmers and souvenir sellers. At night it becomes alive with food stalls, jugglers, acrobats, boxing, more snake charmers charmer their Cobras. You can watch it all from the cafe balconies high above the square. It's great for people watching but much better down at street level. Watch out for for the locals who charge for pictures but the food store owners are the best. The atmosphere was terrific. You can taste the famous Harira soup, drink freshly squeezed OJ and buy olives by the ton! I didn't get a seat on the west side so I missed the sunset but the atmosphere was just fantastic. Sorry this is off my iPhone. My Pentax and laptop are not with me. We are separated this weekend as my mum has had emergency eye surgery and I did t expect to see a contest! Go to Morocco and make sure the desert and Marrakech are in your itinerary!
Views: 626
06-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by suzyq Quote
Marrakech by night
You want to have another with this image, as it's got lost somewhere just now.