Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Disqualified from Still Life Contest
Lens: DQ Camera: DQ Photo Location: DQ 
Posted By: steezylistic, 06-12-2016, 04:16 PM

I have been disqualified from the Contest of "Still Life" because It doesn't fit the theme. It's not fair that I'm being disqualified for my different interpretation was of Still Life. I captured a moment where everything felt still and calm, where life was set on pause. How is each one's photo not to look exactly the same if there is no creativity involved?

Attached Images

Last edited by photolady95; 06-12-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Views: 760
06-12-2016, 04:24 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Dude. Quit your bitchin.

Seriously. They were polite enough to email you IN PRIVATE about a concern about the theme and even then they offered high praise for your image.

Please don't start one of these 'woe is me' threads like someone did something wrong to you.

It's a contest and they want to keep it in the parameters that they set. No harm is or was intended.

And the fact that you put this in public when their communications were in private says a lot about you more than them.
06-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
Meh, true. I couldn't reply to the email, it was the closest I've gotten to being in a competition.

I don't remember seeing many parameters, It just said "Still Life"
06-12-2016, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steezylistic Quote
Meh, true. I couldn't reply to the email, it was the closest I've gotten to being in a competition.

I don't remember seeing many parameters, It just said "Still Life"
Trust me man, they have more contests around here than you can shake a stick at. At least weekly. If not more than that.

Just roll with it man and stay in everyone's good graces.

I am sure you could enter that in any of the other numerous contests around here without a problem.

06-12-2016, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A backlit public park?

Come on, Steezylistic - save that one for the next Landscape competition. ☺

If it's not too late, find something in your house, give it a fine arts treatment and resubmit to this contest.
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Google is your friend, sometimes the literal definition is different to the actual. Its an easy mistake to make.
06-12-2016, 05:56 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice image. But i feel your pain. I wasn't dead yet, so i did not submit a shot. I totally misunderstood that it wasn't my life that was supposed to be stilled.
07-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steezylistic Quote
I have been disqualified from the Contest of "Still Life" because It doesn't fit the theme. It's not fair that I'm being disqualified for my different interpretation was of Still Life. I captured a moment where everything felt still and calm, where life was set on pause. How is each one's photo not to look exactly the same if there is no creativity involved?

lovely use of light! well done!

07-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #9

Beautiful light. Very peaceful feeling.
07-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When there is a "still Life"-themed weekly Photo contest, you could enter it there. Those contests allow a wide interpretation of the theme. Classic "still Life" (fruit and flowers, etc.), this is not.