Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Wasatch Mountain Panoramas
Lens: FA 35-80mm Camera: K-1 
Posted By: Gobuster, 06-21-2016, 09:54 PM

Here are a few panoramas shot in the Wasatch mountains in Utah, near Guardsman Pass. The first 2 are 2 shots stitched in lightroom, the last is 5 shots.
Views: 691
06-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hope the attachments load this time!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-21-2016, 10:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Home. I graduated high school right there very close by
06-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice ones. Still quite a bit of snow on the mountains.

06-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
MSL
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Love all the lines in the second shot starting from the clouds to the mountain range to the pathways through the trees. Print it, frame it, hang it
06-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Forum Member

Interesting cloud formation....nice captures.
06-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
Home. I graduated high school right there very close by
A beautiful area for sure, must have been nice living there!

---------- Post added 06-22-16 at 07:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Nice ones. Still quite a bit of snow on the mountains.
Yes, I was surprised at the remaining snow as it was quite warm the whole time i was there. Even at the lower elevations there was still some snow in shadow areas like under trees, but I doubt it would last much longer.

---------- Post added 06-22-16 at 07:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Love all the lines in the second shot starting from the clouds to the mountain range to the pathways through the trees. Print it, frame it, hang it
Glad you liked them. Number 2 is my favorite too, although the sun's rays through the clouds in three run a close second. Will definitely have to crank up the printer!

---------- Post added 06-22-16 at 07:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by timedriver Quote
Interesting cloud formation....nice captures.
Thank you Timedriver, I felt fortunate to be there on such a pretty day. The previous day, when I intended to go, had been raining, but when I got up the next morning and saw the sun, I hustled up there and got the shots before heading to the airport for my flight home!
06-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gobuster Quote
A beautiful area for sure, must have been nice living there!
Where exactly were you when you took the shots? I can't really tell...

And yes it was pretty nice although Park City has become a nuthouse. Back in the day we had it all to ourselves.

As soon as they announced it as an Olympic Venue it just went crazy. There and the valleys next to it both. I've gone back a few times and it's just become insane.

But yes it was nice being able to skip school and go skiing LOL. On the downside being woken up in a gentle voice at 5am when they needed the driveway shoveled... not so cool.

06-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
Where exactly were you when you took the shots? I can't really tell...

And yes it was pretty nice although Park City has become a nuthouse. Back in the day we had it all to ourselves.

As soon as they announced it as an Olympic Venue it just went crazy. There and the valleys next to it both. I've gone back a few times and it's just become insane.

But yes it was nice being able to skip school and go skiing LOL. On the downside being woken up in a gentle voice at 5am when they needed the driveway shoveled... not so cool.
My photos were taken along Big Cottonwood Canyon Road and Guardsman Pass Road off of Route 210. I did not get to Park City this trip, but remember going there a few years back and admiring the mansions of the rich and famous that seemed to be all over the place!
06-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gobuster Quote
My photos were taken along Big Cottonwood Canyon Road and Guardsman Pass Road off of Route 210. I did not get to Park City this trip, but remember going there a few years back and admiring the mansions of the rich and famous that seemed to be all over the place!
Yep. You were pretty close but over more towards Snowbird and Alta and all that. AHHH. No wonder...you were on the Salt Lake side of the mountains...I was pretty much right near Deer Valley or pretty close to it.

My house was on the back side of the mountain from Deer Valley. In the summer you could go straight into Deer Valley in about 15-20 minutes but in winter the road is closed because of all the snow. Of course you can snow mobile over or whatever. Either direction you went it was about 15-20 minutes away even if you went around.

Like I said though Deer Valley is still alright but Park City... ughhh. It's a nightmare. Elbow to elbow.